migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my new canoe

+5
HeelerLady
tecky
Senna
Cindy*W
Brent
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Got my new canoe - Page 2 Empty Re: Got my new canoe

Post  tecky Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 pm

lesherb wrote:Your stamina and creativity have always impressed me but they pale in comparison to your parenting. Your daughter is very fortunate. To have a father's love AND to have his time are more precious than anything else.

Ditto! flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Cindy said:
Instead of searching for love from some man, she is getting you and your great example.
Therefore, she will have her standards set high and will be measuring every man she meets against you

Sorry, Cindy, I am not sure that in the end it is the best thing for a daughter.
I had a wonderful caring, amusing, clever and extremely handsome father, and the truth is I did measure all men against his qualities and no one compared. I have been married twice, but there was always something missing. The gap was too great.
It often does not bring a grown woman much happiness if she has a perfect father.
This can happen with mothers and sons, as well.
Some men never marry because of that closeness.

Caring, loving parent, yes. But one needs to know how and when, to let them move on gently and learn to be on their own, in wider society so they have variety of experiences when the time comes to leave home.
In meantime, have as much fun with you parents, as you can.

Senka

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon May 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Senna,

I hope something was lost in translation on you. The point that is being made is that so many fathers aren't involved with their daughters. And the daughters grow up missing that component and look for someone to fill the void that was left by their father - not realizing that no one can fill it. Which leads to poor choices. I know that if my father had been involved in my life and made me a priority, I don't think I would have made some of the choices I did. Granted the daughter has to figure out things on her own but when your parents have a normal healthy relationship and the father takes time to make the daughter a priority, she sees what sort of man she should have in her life. She also has someone she can go to to get an opinion on things and to help her make wise choices.

Brent - so impressed. Smile Your daughter is one lucky girl whether she realizes it or not. Smile

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Mon May 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Senna I think you missed the point completely. And second of all this is not a debate thread so please do not start anything.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Mon May 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Brent, you know how often in the past I have told you that were a good father, so I do not have issue with that. I was responding to what Cindy said which was directly linked to my own experince.

Becky, I do understand that some women have missed on good parenting from their father but I did
have a very normal family upbringing with both my parents, but my father gave me lots of his time, he was the one who read all bedtime stories, and taught me about skies and wide worldsd outside, most of all things I knew was through him, he was absolutely wonderful parent to me.

He was the one person who always first noticed when I was not feeling well. WE had so many similar ineterest etc. In other words I though most men were like this - well, they were not - and this was a great surprise and shock - no man came close in comparison. It is not good realision when you know that he was a great exception and one in a million.
That was the point I was trying to make to Cindy not criticising Brent.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue May 04, 2010 7:19 am

I love that canoe!!! Very cool. I also love your kitchen. Your daughter is lucky.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Tue May 04, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks. It was only a very temporary kitchen but they view was amazing. We could see Mt Adams, Jefferson and Hood.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2