migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who knows good forums for other diseases?

+7
tortoisegirl
ajr
Paradox
Ivy
moominamy
MaryAnneLive
kimsmom
11 posters

Go down

Who knows good forums for other diseases? Empty Who knows good forums for other diseases?

Post  kimsmom Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:50 pm

I got some very unpleasent news from my brother yesterday. He was just diagnosed with lymphoma. I have been very upset to say the least. He is going to the doctors tomorrow to find out his action plan. He had one of his lymph nodes taken out and tested so they know the exact form that he has.

I told him about our forum here at Ronda's and how wonderful it is from the support side to the questions of side effects of certain meds to new meds etc...This site has been a god send to me and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good forum for lymphoma?

I googled some earlier but maybe someone here knows of a good one they can recomend. I have not had the time to really get down and study them. I will be off of work next week so I plan on trying to find a good one for him.

I just thought if someone here knows of a site that has good forums that would be a help to me.

Thank you in advance. This has been devistating news to us.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Who knows good forums for other diseases? Empty Re: Who knows good forums for other diseases?

Post  MaryAnneLive Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:12 pm

I am sorry to say that I have no helpful information to give you. But, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I know how devastating it is when a sibling is diagnosed with a terrible disease. If there is anything we can do, please let us know. Thanks for sharing and we are here if you need us.

M
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Who knows good forums for other diseases? Empty Re: Who knows good forums for other diseases?

Post  kimsmom Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:21 pm

Thank you Mary Ann. It seems so unreal to me. I just hope he gets good news tomorrow when he talks with his doctor. We pray he has the slow growing one.

Thanks for posting.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:08 am

Sorry, I don't know of one, but I just wanted to send my thoughts and best wishes to you and your brother.

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:48 am

Hi,
I have no suggestions for the sites, but I wanted to let you know that I am terribly sorry for this news.
I know 2 people who went through it and who completely healed. They had several cycles of chemo, it was though, but they both overcame successfully the lymphoma. One (a 50 year old womand) has been out for 10 years. The other, a 30 year old boy, has been out for 5 years now. They both have normal lives now (they work, exercise, travel, look healthy).
In particular, the woman foud the lymphoma out when it was already quite aggressive (grade 3).
I will think of you and your brother and pray for him.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:15 am

Please keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you.

I also have a friend who successfully beat lymphoma. Let's keep all those positive thoughts in our heads!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Thank you everyone who replyed to my post. My brother went to the doctor today to find out the action plan for his form of lymphoma. He is very lucky. THey said it is not growing or changing since the last time he had his lymph nodes looked at. (2003). They were watching them at that time too but did not know he had lymphoma.

This time they took out a lymph node to know for sure and he did indeed have lymphoma. The doctor wants him to come in every 6 months for a check up for a while and if all goes well for a while it will go to every year.

We are very blessed to have this type of diagnosis. Thank you so much everyone for your thoughts.

I am still looking for a good site just to keep on top of this for my brother. I know he will not do this. RIght now he and his wife are looking after my mother who just had open heart surgery with lots of other complications. She needs to be watched all the time now and cannot live alone for a long time yet. if at all.

We hope she can come down and stay with us in March.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:57 pm

This forum has information on almost every topic, and people are helpful.
www.healthboards.com

I have used it for various things, and you can search and find answers, etc.

I'm glad your brother is doing well. What a scare!
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Thank you AJR. I just saved it to my favorites and will check it out tomorrow. Yes, you are right, it was a scare. I am sure he will worry the rest of his life but so far he does not need any medications. The doctor said he has and will continue to have a low resistance and low immunity. He said when you get sick you will really get sick.

My brother agreed that this has been the case with him when he has gotten sick. In fact my mother and I have discussed how he gets sick often in the past.

At least he now knows what he is battleling.

Thanks again,

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:51 pm

Best wishes in this tough time. I also visit http://www.mdjunction.com/support-groups and http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:07 pm

Here is a Leukemia--Lymphoma forum, but I do not know how good it is.
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Leukemia--Lymphoma-/show/139

I got to it from this URL that I had favorited. http://www.medhelp.org/forums/list
This site has changed since I used to frequent it, and is now harder to navigate.

While not a forum, this site has a wealth of treatment information.
http://cancertutor.com/index.html
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:00 pm

i'm very sorry to hear.

medhelp may be of use. they have a ton of users and information.

wishing the best of luck!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:39 pm

So sorry about your brother diagnosis..will keep him in my prayers..if you don't mind? What's his name?

I don't know any other sites personally about cancer..that is so thoughtful of you to do that for your brother. He's blessed to have such a kind and loving sister..support is so important with an illness.
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Thank you all again for all your websites and concern. Now that the holidays are almost over I will find time to navagate through the sites and pick a few. I do not feel my brother will do this so at least I will be on top of it and possibly meet some great people like here at Ronda's.

Thank you for all your thoughts as well. My brother found out that his type, at the moment, is not changing so they are going to watch it. No chemo or radiation at this time. Though that could change at the blink of an eye.

He was told that when he gets sick he will really get sick. That his immune system is low. He said he has experienced that in the past. I have noticed that when he gets a cold I can tell on the phone that he cannot breath at all though his nose.

He just needs to be watched. The doctor said he has had this for a while. He had a doctor check in 2003 but until the biopsy they did not know for sure. The biopsy was done in the beginning of December of this year.

Again many thanks all!

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Who knows good forums for other diseases? Empty healing thoughts

Post  crt Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:42 pm

I'm sending healing thoughts for your brother and for everyone. Here's hoping that 2010 is the beginning of a pain free, healthy decade!

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:42 pm

dailystrength.org has hundreds of different support groups...check on there.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down