migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About CSF Leaks

Go down

About CSF Leaks Empty About CSF Leaks

Post  Anna's Mom Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:47 pm

My friend and her daughter saw a neuroradiologist today. The daughter has Chiari and has been decompressed, fused, and detethered. These are three major surgeries, plus she had a re-do of the fusion. No doctor has ever taken her pressure via an LP. So today she had an LP to measure her pressure which was 14. She then had a myelogram to look for CSF leaks, and she had 8 small leaks. So she underwent blood patching, and time will tell if it helped.

The neuroradiologist had another patient this morning--someone with Chiari. That person had an opening pressure of 2 and had a big leak. If the blood patch holds, the Chiari may resolve because that person's brain may go back "up" and not be herniated anymore.

All very interesting...it makes me wonder how many people have leaks (Chiarians and non-Chiarians). Shows you can leak and still have normal pressure.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

About CSF Leaks Empty Re: About CSF Leaks

Post  Anna's Mom Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:11 am

I am so happy to hear this girl's head pain is better after blood patching. She has been through so much with surgeries and migraine treatments galore. She and her family are just waiting to see if this "holds."

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down