migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine cycle

5 posters

Go down

Migraine cycle Empty Migraine cycle

Post  estre004 Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:06 am

Who else gets migraines almost like clockwork? In other words, I get them 2-3 times a week every week no matter what my lifestyle is. It is pretty much like a menstrual cycle. It is like my body is just programmed to when they are going to hit. I'm almost tempted to take my abortives right before bedtime when I'm due for one.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Migraine cycle Empty Re: Migraine cycle

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:32 am

I used to. They would linger for a period of 2 weeks then leave for 4-6. I would love to go back to that...at least I knew I was in for 2 weeks of misery but there was an end in sight....
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:02 am

You know my story Linda. Every 3/5 days and last 3 days....except right now when I cant shake it 3 triptans in 5 days....
Used to be every 5/8 days but the gap closed. I had some sort of life then, but now....
No idea of cause, triggers whatever. Only clue I ever had was hormones....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:24 am

Pen - I just read where the more migraines you can't abort, the more you are going to get, so it is super important to manage them. Scary thought. A co-worker this morning said she knew that also. Her neuro just prescribed high doses of Vitamin B-2 (along with her other junk). If nothing else they are good for metabolism and energy.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:34 am

i do have some sort of pattern, feb- to end of may always a bad time for me, ( i am in day 10 of low grade migraine that wont let up as we speak) and for some reason around 10am in the morning can be a trigger time for me, not sure why, i have tried eating drinking and getting up at all different times but even without looking at clock, around 10am (someone once mentioned the pineal gland had something to do with that?) i can feel it coming on, around my period and ovulation is a worse time of the month as well, but no i dont have a cycle of migraines a such,
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:17 am

estre004 wrote:Pen - I just read where the more migraines you can't abort, the more you are going to get, so it is super important to manage them. Scary thought. A co-worker this morning said she knew that also. Her neuro just prescribed high doses of Vitamin B-2 (along with her other junk). If nothing else they are good for metabolism and energy.

I had heard that, great isn't it. My neuro only seems to do drugs... Sad

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:39 am

It is strange that I can abort most of mine but they don't get any less frequent. Don't get any worse either though. I'm pretty sure they are hormonal even though I'm done with menopause. Instead of being once a month (like previously), they are exactly 2-3 a week, just like clockwork. That clockwork could turn to 0 at any time Smile

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 am

That clockwork could turn to 0 at any time

I sure hope so linda.....Do you still think it could be or hormones??
I cant find a single other reason.
But 5 years.... Rolling Eyes

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Pen - It is the only reason I can come up with. The weather may play into it some, but I know food and other popular "triggers" do not apply to me. I have tested many many times. I still have mini hot flashes so the hormones are still active.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:17 pm

February to Memorial Day at the end of May is a "bad time" for me too. Has been that way for over decade. No idea why. But even in the glorious Spring of migraine time, I still have good hours here and there. I am down to not counting "good days" but sure do enjoy my "good hours" Good luck to you all.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down