migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prevalence of Migraine

+8
rileyoday
Paradox
Brent
HeelerLady
Hal
theresae
dailyha-rose
estre004
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Prevalence of Migraine - Page 2 Empty Re: Prevalence of Migraine

Post  estre004 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:51 am

Ivy - I read somewhere that the majority of "sinus headaches" are actually migraines so you are right that a lot of people have them and don't know it. And of course you have the vice versa--those that say they have a migraine when all they have is a headache where an aspirin and a short nap can zap it.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:12 am

Yes Estre004,
It took me 2 years to make a friend understand that his horrible "headache" was not due to too much partying or to frequent rides on his motorbike and that he needed the appropriate cures.

Today he belongs to those who go nuts if someone use the term MIGRAINE to indicate a normal h/a Evil or Very Mad

On the other hand, I have a friend who once told me: "when I spend one our in a mall, I get out with a migraine....I have to take an HOMEOPATIC ASPIRIN (???) to make the pain go away...."
No comment
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:32 am

For me, migraines are hormones and chemical, but are exsaperated by stress. I have a stressful job so by the time the weekend comes, the let-down puts me into bad migraines all weekend. I have no mold at work or at home.

I do find that when I gear down into driving in the slow lane, take more breaks at work, turn off my cell phone, take things less seriously, go to yoga, read, go into the garden daily, walk daily, brush the dog, cook something interesting, etc, that I get less occurances or severity of migraines per month.

It took me a while to get to this place as I am high strung, but once I master one slow down step, then I add another. That has been my holistic treatment.

I went to Vegas in November (for a wedding) and that was migraine hell, but I learned what kind of vacation not to take. Live and learn.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:10 pm

Ivy,

Homeopathic aspirin is a code name for doing drugs. If you take an aspirin and smash it into powder it looks like the other white powder.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:14 pm

Now how did you know that Hal?

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content