migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life on hold......

+4
Ivy
Hal
alli
Jewishmother
8 posters

Go down

Life on hold...... Empty Life on hold......

Post  Jewishmother Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Finding myself resentful and jealous of the people around me who are busy and productive while I am having to narrow down my activities..............does anyone else ever feel this way??
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Life on hold...... Empty Re: Life on hold......

Post  alli Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:27 am

every day
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:51 am

For 55 years and now that I am medically retired on Social Security Disabillity, even more so. I could have done much better in school, I could have played football as a kid, I could have had a liver that is healthy instead of a mess due to a life of drugs and high dose aspirin, I could have avoided a step father that would beat the crp out of me because I couldn't do all the chores he wanted me to do, I could have had better job reviews, I could go on and on and on and on and on.

It isn't fair. It is a curse, and most people have no idea what we deal with and put up with. Many think we are just pretending to avoid doing work or seeking sympathy. Why not, we look perfectly healthy. We are not bleeding when we go to the emergency room. We are treated as if we are drug addicts looking for a fix, so we have to suffer as we wait for our pain meds. It is a bunch of people poo.

I am now on my fourth day of a very bad migraine. Can you tell? I could just scream. Our government, for the most part, will not recognize migraines as a disabillity. It is not right. I pray that these idiots start having severe migraines every day. Please, dear God, let them suffer as we do, so they understand. Evil or Very Mad

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:08 am

I find it frustrating that I have to take into consideration migraine in any plan that I make: vacation, dinners with friends, family reunions, runs, job meetings.... I always have to remember that I could change something in my plans in case an attack arrives.
So depressing....
I try to co-live with this disease but sometimes I feel slave to it. It can spoil things despite all the measures that I take and the weapons that I use No
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:58 am

I was just thinking about the vacation thing ,myself. I`d like to do something this year but I always have to worry about the migraine thing. It really sucks...

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 am

Absolutely. I still try to be as normal as possible...even when I feel like run-over dog poo. Most people I know, knew me before this hostile take over. So there is sympathy there and some will even try to work around it. Just because they know the person I am and that I'm not making anything up.

I've not had it like so many of you and while I don't understand I can empathize. I had a fairly normal childhood and early adulthood. I didn't have this retched disease destroying my life...it's still taking over but I'm in the "reloading" phase and haven't given up yet. Smile

What all this is going to mean for my future...don't know. I'm hopeful that this can come under control and I can have a somewhat normal life (I'd take 3 days of misery in a week over 7) and just know that I will work around it.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:38 pm

yeah i go through stages of being ok with havin migraine and thinking at least i am not blind, or deaf or have had a stroke or one of my kids have died(god forbid), and then as quick as a flash i can feel so sad and resentful about how crap my life is, and doesnt matter what i look forward to or what i would like to achieve, migraine will always ruin it for me and my family.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Donna Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:52 pm

Twisted Evil .... Yes I feel like that too, you are not the only one. I am so happy I found this site. I felt so alone before, now I can share my misery with you all. My migraines can last for daysssss and feel like they are never ending.

Donna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down