migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Further to the BRIT insult post

+12
AuntieBubbs
Kate
HeelerLady
jwar
moominamy
CluelessKitty
02R96
LizzieB
Con Edison
crt
alli
pen
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Further to the BRIT insult post - Page 2 Empty Re: Further to the BRIT insult post

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Superhugs, Charlotte. I love you I was totally appalled that he chose to use language so completely offensive. I can't stand by and not say something to someone using words like that.
It shocks me in this day and age that anyone can still be that ignorant, but some people still choose to live in caves, I guess.

And what's the deal with barometric pressure being associated with migraines? That's the first thing my GP AND my nuero ask me, both - is if the weather is affecting my migraines. They both acknowledge the weather and it's affect on my head.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Further to the BRIT insult post - Page 2 Empty Re: Further to the BRIT insult post

Post  Brent Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Over on Face Book there is a migraine discussion forum. Some guy named Barry Spencer is waging a one man war against anyone who claims their migs can be or are triggered by a rising or falling barometer. I posted a scan of my MRI with my sinus blockage and he tried to say it wasn't blocked. Even though my ENT doc said it was and corrected it.

The problem with forum trolls is they have to expose themselves. And then feed off of the calling out they get. It shows them to have a very shallow thought process and not much else in their lives to find that behavior to be entertainment. It's always interesting to see if the forum mods let them take the thrashing or delete their posts and kick them out.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Brent, I have a new name for them - we should call them pinatas, and beat them with the verbal baseball bat to see what falls out Razz
It's a cultural party passtime here in southern CA, and very stress relieving. Smile LOL Next time Con Edison shows up, we can all take turns having a go. I bet he's got nothing of substance inside once you crack him open though.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:46 pm

I like it! A pinata decorated to look like a troll.

Check out this genius. It's his baby and just can't let it go. Even though I have been mig free for over two weeks now, one month post surgery.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=375286558283#!/topic.php?uid=2260202014&topic=11786 (could not get it to hyperlink)Mad

I could have my ENT doc come on the forum and post all my imagings and medical records and he would still argue it.

Last edited by Brent on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Um, while the pinata sounds like fun. I'll let you see what comes out affraid ...my bet is on something that came out a horse's rear.

Brent - OMG, total troll. My head hurt just trying to read all that crap he spewed. Frankly, when all my mess started I looked at the scientific evidence out there and his conclusion based solely on that isn't off. Most migraine sufferers are not triggered by weather. However, (I may be pulling figures out of my rear here) but something like 30% of a study's participants actually were. I am going this route as majority of my symptoms are triggered by the weather - about a day (perhaps 2) before a low pressure front comes, while its here and possibly a day post I can be in h e l l. I have an appointment with an ENT next week and hope that if nothing else, I can rule this out as preventatives are not working. Glad you are feeling better. Very Happy
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Which forum is it Brent I thought I was on them all.
I can make that link work

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:01 pm

I tried to get it to hyperlink but it's not working. It can be copy and pasted now that I edited out the HTML tags.

This is the forum, there are dozens now on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=375286558283#!/group.php?gid=2260202014

You can scan the discussions and any topic with barometer/air pressure in the topic title will have the "wit and genius" of Barry O'troll.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Brent wrote:the "wit and genius" of Barry O'troll.

This just made me laugh out loud....I think we all run into trolls no matter what the subject.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2