migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee on Fox TV and DVD

4 posters

Go down

Glee on Fox TV and DVD Empty Glee on Fox TV and DVD

Post  Richard Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 am

I freely admit it ... I absolutely ADORE the Fox network's Glee. I watched each episode on the TV no matter HOW bad I felt. I re-watched some episodes on Hulu. I bought the DVD on the first day it was available ... Otis and I have watched it all the way through and THEN just watched the series over again with Carey who missed it in South Korea. Now she is hooked too.

Yesterday I bought both 1st series CD's and I will buy the full edition in April when it is released.

Lea Michele (Rachel) is SO good a singer ... her "Barbra Streisland Funny Girl" moment at Sectionals sent chills down my spine.

The actor playing "Quin" is phenomenal as is the singer "Mercedes."

All three os us have trouble making it through an episode with dry eyes ... Kurt and his Dad, Quin's father's actions, Finn stepping up to the plate ... Shuster's discovery about his wife ... we get weepy easily with this show.

It is one of the best written and best acted series in years. We three are Glee-Believers.

Are you?
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Glee on Fox TV and DVD Empty Re: Glee on Fox TV and DVD

Post  Paradox Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:37 am

Oh, absolutely! I didn't see it when it was on the TV, but got the DVD when it came out. I was enthralled.

Now I'm SO excited when I see the previews for April! So many big name people have jumped on board. Even Lady Gaga is going to appear.

Lea is such a talent. Plus, she is turning into quite the fashionista. She is showing up on best-dressed lists everywhere. She has a very good stylist. She is youthful but not trashy.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:04 am

Only in the last few months have I gotten Fox to come in (no cable and the antenna has to be just so). I saw the previews/ads for Glee and didn't get it. Can someone explain the premise?
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Glee on Fox TV and DVD Empty Glee

Post  Chinookgrl Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:50 am

One of my favorites too!!! I love that show, its like a mini musical every week.

Glee is set in a high school. The show is centered around a group of students (from all segments of school life) who join the school's glee club. It's also about their teacher and his life as well. There's a little drama, humour, singing, all wrapped up in life story lines. They use great musical numbers throughout the show and the actors are all very talented singers.

I never miss it, its a fun show to watch.

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:27 am

One of the things I really appreciate about Glee is the honest diversity - not contrived, justnormal USA diversity. The main teacher is a white guy. The villain is Jane Lynch - more about her later. The principal is a great character played by a man of Indian (Asia) descent.

The kids are white, black, Latino, Jewish, mixed race, Conservative Christian, no obvious faith, gay and straight, able bodied and disabled - a great mix.

Watching teh show I thought that Rachel (Lea Michele) had most of the musical numbers ... but listening tothe CD showed me my error. Almost all the main and secondary characters get solos.

Now Jane Lynch. I LOVE her! She combines the best of the Wicked Queen in snow White, Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmations, and every evil woman ever portrayed in film, theater, or literature - the character is an absolutely GREAT villain - funny, mean, nasty, and a winner at her job - just a strong woman playing nasty at every opportunity. And Jane Lynch acts the role of Sue Sylvester with skill and humor and the greatest facial expressions and timing I have been privledged to witness in a long time. I am now a HUGE fan of Jane Lynch.

BTW - the actor playing Mr. Will Shuster, the Glee Club conductor, played the role of the charming knight in Once Upon a Mattress with Carol Burnette as the Queen. Great DVD and fun to watch.

I have to state again, that the actor playing Quin - the out of wedlock pregnant head cheerleader - is stunning. Watching her play a young woman growing up thru the episodes is amazing to watch - PLUS she has the look and voice to make her a film star with no effort.

At Ravenhurst, we see Finn going on to TV, Rachel and Mercedes winning Grammies with Lea Michele taking over Broadway, and Quin ( Diana Agron) winning an Oscar for best actress in 20 years. The guy playing Puck, Mark Salling, well, er ..... we want him to move to Ravenhurst! Be still my beating heart! ROTFLOL !!!
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Oh, I would die to see Puck without that dreadful mohawk. Stand him next to my hottie Ashton Kutcher (Demi, older women around the world applaud you) and I'm sure I would forget what's his name...oh yeah, hubby.

Glee is also quite campy and quirky, and the musical numbers are FANTABULOUS
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down