migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just pondering....

+2
Richard
jwar
6 posters

Go down

just pondering.... Empty just pondering....

Post  Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:50 pm

We've had spring-like weather here the past few days. What I've been pondering is how, having chronic headaches, ruins this, what could be, a marvelous time of year. How many look out the window and ponder what could/should be?

Back to top Go down

just pondering.... Empty Re: just pondering....

Post  jwar Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm

I try to stay positive and not dwell on what could be (admittedly a hard thing to do). When I'm stuck in my bedroom with a headache on a beautiful Spring day, I try to take solace in the fact that I can open the windows behind my curtains and get some fresh air in the room, hear birds singing, children playing outside, etc. It's nothing like being able to be out there yourself and it really is damn unfair, but I become very bitter and depressed if I think about the unfairness.

It's still a lot better than being stuck inside during the winter in my opinion, when everything around you is cold and dead and there are drafts all over the house.
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Yes, I too am of the "accept what IS and make the best of it for yourself" school of thought. I am very fortunate to have a large screened in room ... like an indoor room that is outside. I have a single and a double bed there to sleep on warm summer nights (heavenly). I am feeling poorly and am about to take a book out there and lie down awhile ... with spring all around me. Yes, I am very lucky to have built my screen room.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:16 am

Beautiful here this week too and I do miss some of the things I was able to do..but I think having migraines has made me focus more on my good days and getting things done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:09 am

People think that I'm weird.
I don't share the joy of springtime and I regret winter cold.
It's impossible to make them understand that I feel so bad because temperature raise and more daily light are awful changes that affect my migraine....
Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:59 am

I get way too many migraines and TN attacks in the spring. Even a light breeze will trigger pain in my face so going outside just doesn't happen. But when the weather is nice, I open up all the windows and let the fresh air in. My cats LOVE it when the windows are open. They sit there and chirp at the birds.. It's pretty funny and is a good way to enjoy the day even if I can't go out.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

just pondering.... Empty Thanks

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks for all the positive replies. Perhaps I'll go and sit on the balcony! Or, you have all given me this idea, I will buy a lounge chair and lie out there! Excellent idea. Thanks again. G.

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:56 pm

hi i know what you mean, spring is def my worst time for migraines, feb-may but i also love this time of year because we have the summer ahead of us, although havin a good day today, ask me again when the pollen is out along with the heavy humid clouds, yuk!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBookworm411 Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:38 pm

I live in Seattle, WA. I love rainy overcast days. Love love love them. I hate sunny days which of course are rare here and everybody freaks about. I have finally gotten old enough, 43 yo, to just tell everybody how I feel. I hate sun...always have...love rainy days. I am extremely fair and have always burned easily. I have extremely bad allergies. Spring is beautiful but I can't help looking at the blossoming cherry tree in front of my condo as evil. Spring means sunburns, worse migraine, bad allergies, probably a cold, and way too much pollen.

-Debi
TheBookworm411
TheBookworm411

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:24 am

Oh I have one of those evil, evil trees near my apratment... not a cherry tree, but some sort of stinking flowering tree that makes my life hell while it is blooming. Between the stink and the pollen, I hate the darn thing.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum