migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EEG Questions

2 posters

Go down

EEG Questions Empty EEG Questions

Post  LG Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Ok!

I've never done one of these suckers before, and I know all you guys probably have experience.
What am I to expect for this test? It is tomorrow at 4, and I get my results right after.
I'm nervous as I am for all my other tests. Stupid tests make me nervous lol.

Also, I have horribly unruly hair. I think they stick crap on yer head, right?
Should I shower tonight and straighten it out so its more manageable, or should I just leave it be?
Obviously I'll probably shower anyways either tonight or tomorrow morning,
but if i let my hair dry by itself half is curly and half is straight and it knots so easily
because of the thickness. If I straighten it it wont knot, but man its a royal PITA
to do, so if its totally not worth it, I would rather not do it.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

EEG Questions Empty Re: EEG Questions

Post  Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 pm

lovegia,

it's not the most fun test, but not the worst either. i've had 3 or 4 of these tests. the most irritating is keeping your eyes closed--sometimes they'll tape your eyelids down if your eyes flutter and give off "artifact" on the results.

my hair is very short, so it's not a deal for me. but they do want you to come in with clean recently washed hair. they put many electrodes with a paste on your scalp for the test. after your test, you'll have to wash your hair again. even for my hair, it takes 2 washes to get the paste out.

relax...it can be a bit uncomfortable (no pain though).

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:34 pm

ewwww tape my eyelids down. man, what a bummer. my eyelids flutter a lot, i wear one of those eye mask
things to sleep at night to calm them. (it says jet blue all over it, my husband rags on me good for that lol)
so i guess I'll just shower tomorrow and screw straightening it because if i have to shower again right after
i'm not going to spend two hours doing my hair just to come home and mess it all up.
i guess its a girl thing, but thats against the rules.
i hope my eeg tech doesnt mind a rats nest afro lol
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:55 pm

.....and when they say clean hair, they do not want you to have any gel, mousse, hair spray or other product on your hair--just clean.

My head is often tender from the constant migraines, so it was a little painful for me when they pushed down on the electrodes to get the paste to stick to my head. I had a bad migraine going into it, so they had me take my meds before starting.

Good luck. As tests go, an EEG is a piece of cake.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down