migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having FUN with Migraine Episodes

+5
lesherb
alli
Rachel328
Brain Pain Mom
Richard
9 posters

Go down

Having FUN with Migraine Episodes Empty Having FUN with Migraine Episodes

Post  Richard Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:17 am

I am so fortunate, so blessed, to have my roommate in my life. He is just wonderful with my migraine episodes - escpecially when I am hallucinating.

We were coming from Sacramento to Ravenhurst and I began migraining heavily. I hallucinated that Otis was using the car as a jet plane and that we were flying along the road - well, above it really. I saw him as a pilot.

Blessed Otis did NOT panic, did NOT get scared about my halucinating, did NOT sympathize ... no, he did that best thing possible. He went along with my hallucination! He spoke to me as though he were actually piloting a jet AND he ran over the bumps in the middle of the road on purpose - to let me know we were landing! I thoroughly enjoyed the ride!

And on that same drive, I had a lengthy conversation with Steve and my Dad - both deceased. Otis did as he does when I am mumbling nonsense or halucinting the impossible ... he tuned me out and went ahead with his job - flying that car home! LOL

We have FUN with my migraine hallucinations - and that beats the heck out of someone trying to snap me out of it (cannot be done) or worrying about me (useless - these things just happen). I am blessed in my GREAT friend and my roommate!
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Having FUN with Migraine Episodes Empty Re: Having FUN with Migraine Episodes

Post  Brain Pain Mom Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Sounds like quite an adventure Richard! Is is a good feeling or a creepy feeling talking to people that have passed? I'm sure that it can go either way.
Brain Pain Mom
Brain Pain Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel328 Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Richard, I'm so glad your roommate can handle you & his job of flying... I mean driving... so well. Glad you have such a vivid imagination. It makes life with migraines more tolerable, doesn't it?

Rachel

Rachel328

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Whata great roommate and one to keep his head. I love that he landed the plane for you!
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Could you do me a favor, Richard?

Could you please tell Otis how grateful I am that you have him in your life? You have mentioned this wonderful guy a number of times here and I am so impressed with how he "rolls with the punches" as far as your migraine situation is concerned.

I am so glad you are no longer alone at Ravenhurst and have such a decent, level headed friend right there when and where you need him. While it does no use for me to worry about you, I did worry when you were alone. Now I feel so much better because Otis has entered your life and makes Ravenhurst a home for you once again.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:39 am

I I love you Otis.

So happy you have him to care for you and be your friend, Richard.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 am

So glad you have a wonderful roommate. A+ to him for just going with it and taking good care of you when you can't take care of yourself. Smile I'd say he's a keeper...we would all be so lucky to have a friend like him in our lives.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:15 am

Hi Richard,

I am thrilled that you have a great roommate and from your posts you sound happy. Happy enjoying life, friends, and everything despite the migraines.

Great roommates are true jewels. I do not know what I would do without my wonderful roommate. Like you, I tend to hallucinate when I have a pretty bad migraine. Instead of freaking out, mine just asks "what is it this time?" I tell her- "well the plants on the plate we have on the mantle are chasing each other." She simply says "cool", or "that's a new one." However. this reaction makes it seem a little less scary and I know exactly what it is.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Super1Mommy Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

Richard,
I don't think I have ever "spoken" to you on this message board, but I have followed your posts, and others, for quite some time. I cried when Steve passed, and worried about how you would go on. I am so glad you have a room mate that understands your condition and is able to help. It is amazing when we can find humor in our pain! Keep Smiling :-)
Patty

Super1Mommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down