migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor rant of disappointment. How quickly the mental state can change

5 posters

Go down

Minor rant of disappointment. How quickly the mental state can change Empty Minor rant of disappointment. How quickly the mental state can change

Post  pen Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:54 am

Feel free to ignore me.
Haven't had a single tablet of any kind from last Saturday until Thursday when had to take Triptan.
Then another one today....got one of those really bad migs where the triptan has taken 5 hours to do, not very much...
I haven't had as many of those and thought maybe...well...you live in hope.

Anyway was so pleased with myself for not having any OTC at all for 8 days including today.
Helps me think maybe no MOH...well 8 days isnt bad is it...and one Triptan....
I was in much better spirits and feeling confident to take a very short drive yesterday...(gave up driving for 5 years)
So this morning, not sure of the time, but early. Bamm level 10.
It is now 10 hours since the Migard and still nailed to the couch albeit at least able to type this.

My mood changed from hope to despair from bedtime to this morning. I know its the migraine I know its the brain, but I wish it wouldnt do it. I will bounce back....well maybe not bounce bounce I know its the same fo rus all.
Filled with hop and.....

Well you all know the rest...rant over.
Thanks for you indulgence. With apologies for typos and sp.

But confused confused

pen

Back to top Go down

Minor rant of disappointment. How quickly the mental state can change Empty Re: Minor rant of disappointment. How quickly the mental state can change

Post  LizzieB Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:04 pm

It's just one big rollercoaster of emotions, isn't it and can change so rapidly from day to day, hour to hour. Despair/hope/anger . . . . . . .

Hope you feel better soon.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Minor rant of disappointment. How quickly the mental state can change Empty Re: Minor rant of disappointment. How quickly the mental state can change

Post  sherri b Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Hope you feel better Pen.

Don't know what to say except that I know how you feel. Been to long.

Hoping one day we wake up and it's gone! What a Face THE MIGRAINE MONSTER.....
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:54 pm

I am still travelling hopefully Sherri. I am more comfortable right now thank you.
BUT it is midnight here in England and I need to get some sleep....
Sleep is bad.....this is when the monster comes.

I dont get many that start any other time.
I go to bed filled with hope when I have a better day....
If it was down to positive thinking, I would never have migraine...

oh well, see what sunday brings...
Smile

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:07 pm

If I may...
I feel like you so often are driving yourself nuts with worry about how much meds you take. You don't take very much...in my opinion. Both neuros I have seen think MOH is an invalid scare and say take meds ifyou need them. Stress can aggrivate M so much...and I just feel so bad that you are constantly worrying on and on about which days you did or did notuse your meds.???

Maybe I just don't understand? I just feel bad for you.
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:40 am

Hi (sorry don't think I have picked up on your name)

Thanks for your thoughts. You are right, I do agonise over medication, but only when I take a lot.
There is a reason. Unlike your experience with neuros...which heartens me, I have heard nothing but MOH.
The first second neuro just told me "You are causing this, go away and get off the medication.".
Although my current neuro hasn't said too much at all.
Until recently I believed it was just an excuse from doctors because they don't really know (don't blame them for that, but adding to stress is unforgivable, a few more guidelines, given it only effects about 5% of us ,would go a long way.)

You think I don't take very much? I suppose I worry because I take more Triptans than I used to.
But I take less OTC. About half than I did 10 years ago. Whereas Triptans have increased from about 5 to 10 in that time frame.
So that's why it bothers me.....more migraine, more medication, more migraine....BUT I am not convinced...just concerned.

Anyway the thrust of the post was my instant depression.....it's so quick.....and THEN I think about the medication maybe being a cause, but I still take it. I don't know how people can be so strong as not to....for a break I mean. I have tried, I just cant.
Maybe the Fibro lowered my resistance to pain, I don't know.

I do appreciate your comments, its kind of you to try to reassure me.

Today, Sunday my head is improved. My ears and the disorientations are driving me nuts, but I am at least in less pain and I have hope again.

I hope your day is good today. And thank you.
Pennie

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:04 pm

LizzieB wrote:It's just one big rollercoaster of emotions, isn't it and can change so rapidly from day to day, hour to hour. Despair/hope/anger . . . . . . .

Hope you feel better soon.

Liz

Ditto what Liz said.......Take care and feel better soon, Pen.

Becky bounce
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down