migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Brain And Chronic Pain

3 posters

Go down

Your Brain And Chronic Pain Empty Your Brain And Chronic Pain

Post  Anna's Mom Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:44 am

A very interesting presentation on the impacts of chronic pain upon the brain:

http://hosted.mediasite.com/mediasite/Viewer/?peid=5b3683cb7b754590abd8eac9bb79d6b3

At the end of the presentation, hearing about current drug research gave me hope!

(This presentation was not specific to Chiari.)
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Your Brain And Chronic Pain Empty Re: Your Brain And Chronic Pain

Post  tecky Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Interesting! It's interesting to see the changes that happen in the brain in response to different types of chronic pain, i.e. back, migraine, etc.

It confirms that there is some brain loss as a result of chronic pain--that explaines a lot (for me anyway--I feel like I'm getting more stupid as the days go by, able to remember less, and have more difficulty learning).

We can hope this research will have successful outcomes for chronic migraine in particular, as well as other types of chronic pain.

Thanks for sharing, Cheryl.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:08 pm

I remember a thread long ago when someone here said their brain felt like swiss cheese.

I thought it of, when I watched this video!

May new drugs (with new approaches) reach us all sooner rather than later!

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 pm

WHOA!!
Interesting...And above my level in some parts.....BUT....I have been looking for info sort of like this. My maternal grandmother, who also had bad Migraines, now has severe Dementia and PArkinsons. I have had 2 MRIs which showed brain lesions in the grey matter (?) areas. I hav pondered a connection between the effects on the brain of M and succeptibilty to other neurological diseases. But haven't found much supporting research. (To be honest, my research efforts were minimal).

Anyhoot...This is interesting stuff! Thanks for posting it!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:17 am

Stillhurtin wrote:WHOA!!
Interesting...And above my level in some parts.....BUT....I have been looking for info sort of like this. My maternal grandmother, who also had bad Migraines, now has severe Dementia and PArkinsons. I have had 2 MRIs which showed brain lesions in the grey matter (?) areas. I hav pondered a connection between the effects on the brain of M and succeptibilty to other neurological diseases. But haven't found much supporting research. (To be honest, my research efforts were minimal).

My mom has Alzheimer's and she also suffered from migraines. I asked my doctor if there was any correlation, and he said there is no indication yet. Like you Jess, I have to wonder if migraines don't make one more susceptible to other neurological diseases. It seems likely or at least possible after watching this video.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:35 pm

I don't think this was working on the weekend (not for me), but it seems to work now.

In case anyone couldn't view it earlier.
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down