migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange PM message

+8
Richard
Paradox
crt
LG
alli
pen
HeelerLady
WitsEnd
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strange PM message Empty Strange PM message

Post  WitsEnd Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi,

Did anyone else get this PM from "Altanloker"??? Should I do anything about it?

Thanks.

I can help you if you answer the following questions:

(1) Your age? (2) Sex? (3) Marital Status? (4) The age and sex of each sibling? (5) The age and sex of each child? (6) Your age when your symptoms started for the first time? (7) The duration of the attacks in recent times? ( The interval between the attacks? (9) The location of the headache? (10) Eye pain? (11) Visual disturbances? (12) Nausea? (13) Vomiting? (14) Neck pain? (15) Face pain? (16) Other symptoms? (17) What diagnoses have you received? (18) What happened in your life a short time before your symptoms started for the first time (if they did not start at pu¬berty)? (19) What events that were repeated since your childhood and looked harmful to you at puberty and may have started your symptoms (if they started at puberty)? (20) Did you enjoy a privileged status among your siblings in your child¬hood for any reason? (21) What changes occurred in your symptoms in time, if any occurred, and what hap¬pened a short time before? (22) What particular events start, aggravate, or alleviate your symptoms presently or did that in the past? (23) What events of your life bother you most at the present time, other than your above-mentioned symptoms? (24) Do you think that it may be better if you behave differently than you actually do under certain conditions? What are those conditions and how you react to them? (25) Do you have an unsolved problem that hurts you but you do not adequately try to solve, or think that it has no practical solution? What is this problem? (26) Relate some dreams that you had after your illness began. De¬scribe each dream scene giving concrete details, and indicate how you felt in each part of the dream. (27) In order to have more dreams to report, ask yourself the fol¬lowing questions in bed repeatedly for a few consecutive nights, thinking about the possible answers: "Why am I having headaches? What is wrong? What must I do? What is wrong? What is wrong? What must I do?...” Your unconscious will answer these questions through dreams. I can interpret them for you.

alloker@superonline.com
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Strange PM message Empty Re: Strange PM message

Post  HeelerLady Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:21 pm

I didn't get anything like that.

It is your choice to respond or not respond to PM's. I guess I'd be a bit skeptical...did you ask for help with something specifically? Seems like an awful lot of very personal information though.

If it was me, I'd probably not respond - it sort of sounds like you wondered why things are happening (which we all do - I'd love to know what brought all of this on) but I don't want some random third party who's offering to interpret my dreams to tell me what no one has the answer to.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:02 pm

I had messages from him last year. He claims to be able to fix migraines and will do it for free.
I was tempted just to follow it through to see what he was about, but I never did.
I googled him. He isnt an axe murderer or anything... Very Happy

He is a psychologist

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=z6sLO8xamzkC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Altan+Loker&source=bl&ots=isAC6VgnRC&sig=Fa99D0k0jt6To5RRbvoouquGjaw&hl=en&ei=EH2NS_zeOqT20wTkh_XHCw&sa=X

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:14 pm

He thinks he can fix your migraines by interpreting your dreams or some such thing. I don't put much stock in his approach. I think he is just trolling.
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Interesting and kind of him to take time out of his life to try and help someone for free though...
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:31 pm

I am game to respond on behalf of us....what think you....I am used to being a drug guinea pig....
So why not a dream one...
And I have some experience with dreams having been trained on Freud.....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Go for it if you are interested in it! If you believe it may help, it just might. It is amazing what the mind can do. Very Happy Of course, keep us posted!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Strange PM message Empty strange PM message

Post  crt Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:51 pm

LG, you are a more trusting sort than I. Maybe he can help, maybe not. But before answering all those personal questions from a person you don't know at all and is soliciting information from you, it might be wise to find out more about him. Maybe he's the greatest psychologist in the world but approaching people in such a SPAM like manner is not a good way to start a dialog.

Here are some links: The first is about a book he wrote on migraines, others are links to books he wrote, his review of Ron Hubbard's book, and an answer to him from Jung Institute.

Chris

http://books.google.com/books?id=z6sLO8xamzkC&printsec=frontcover&dq=altan+loker&source=bl&ots=isAC6VmlLA&sig=jumk_qR9OKXXi-LBJaOfo4voJDU&hl=en&ei=e5ONS__vGY7ktQONopmzDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CB0Q6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=altan%20loker&f=false

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AGKLBDT99GO4T

http://www.amazon.com/Film-Suspense-Altan-Loker/dp/1412058406

http://www.junginstitute.org/pdf_files/JungV9N2p69-71.pdf
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:05 pm

I don't respond to any type of unsolicited contact requesting personal information. You have no idea if that person is in fact who he representing himself to be.

This is a hook to try and get more information from you and ultimately money.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Strange PM message Empty indeed

Post  crt Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Charlotte,

We are very often of the same mind. I think we'd get along great as buddies. Too bad we're all so far apart geographically.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:47 pm

I have no problem at all doing this. I dont imagine he can help any of us, but one day there will bve something and we dont want to miss it...I am fine. I will respond to him tomorrow. I am quite used to dealing with psychology and also I'm English.... lol!
I have spoken with him on email before ,but didnt follow up as my head was too bad...but what the Hell...

I'll keep you all posted for sure.

Charlotte, no money will be leaving my purse for sure.
Chris I already checked all that out last year. Not put off at all.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Please be safe ... no money, no last name, no address, no phone number ... NOTHING by which he could identitfy you or find you.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Ditto what Richard said. It's nice someone offers their help, but there are alot of scam artists out there too. Unsolicited help should always be regarded cautiously. Be careful, be safe.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Thank you. I will take great care. First I will contact my friend who I recall knows of this guy.
then I will check out fro what she tells me.
Then...I will respond, but I will answer the questions he sent me last year which were not so personal
See what comes back from that.
I will not take any risks you can be sure...
Thanks

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Hehe yeah guys, maybe trusting..maybe desperate.

I agree though if anyone contacted me in that manner I would never give out my last name, town, number, ect. Either that or I would give false information. My first thought is if he is interested in helping you with migraines there would be no reason he would need that info anyways IMHO. What does your last name or phone number have anything to do with head pain? Wink
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Who said I would be giving any of that information Laughing
Well I may be, but he isnt asking for name, location anything of any substance.

In another life I worked in catching car insurance absconders....its compulsory in UK to have insurance.
I am not the slightest bit concerned about doing this and am curious.
Dont worry, I am old, I can take care of myself. Lets see what this guy is about.
And if my technique doesnt reel him in then he is flaky for sure.
My husband is all for it too.
I'll get back to you...

pirat

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 pm

I've noticed that to, Chris. Out west sound so nice, and I'd love to go flying with you.

I was talking to my BIL last weekend who said that you can't make true friends with people you meet on the Internet. BullLoney!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:04 pm

I got the exact same email...without requesting such a contact. I deleted it. WAAAAAAYYYYY too many personal questions for a consult I did not request. I think it's spam.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:23 am

I have done it...
Didn't find the questions personal
No name no location.
Wait and see now...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 am

Well I have received a reply from Altan. Its very good actually, quite an accurate assessment (wearing my psychologists hat)
There is no suggestion of further info, no request for money, nothing, just free advice.
As I thought, no risk at all. After all no name, no address, nothing really personal that couldnt be a million other people.
Its a Hotmail account he likely doesn't even now what continent I am on.
I feel happy to have done this. Not sure his suggestions will help but I am going to try them...what have I to lose?
And I will get back to him if I feel the need.

It may not be your kind of thing, but....
Dont be scared, its fine....

Smile

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:01 am

Alright Pen. We just don't want you to get hurt. We know you're a wise old bird, but those of us in a lot of pain do some crazy things.

I guess it's rather interesting but not sure how it applies...but let us know what you think. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:25 am

This should be interesting. Thanks for being the guinea pig.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:53 am

I will be checking a bit further and then will impart.
I know you all are just being caring for me, and I appreciate it.
Hey not so much of the old, I have a birthday 13th, one I really dont want. lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 am

Pen,

Wasn't trying to be ____(words are failing yet again) about the age. I just know you have more years of experience than many of us at this (bad for you but so helpful for many of us). However I'll take the years and perhaps a few wrinkles - I am looking forward to my next birthday and would like to look somewhat close to my age. lol!

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:50 am

Becky. Nah, just teasing...
You know what. If I felt better and felt I could do something and go out on a high, I wouldn't mind a bit.
After all we all of us are getting older and cant do a thing about it.
But I have been asked what I would like to do and am taking a rain check.
Trying to be positive, and that I might feel like arranging something later.
Wont be the same as doing it on the 13th but something to hopefully look forward to.
I dont want to plan and fail, I at least want to have a decent chance....

Anyway, I digress...

Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next