migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Fun: Who's in your iPod/CD player/MP3 player/computer/etc.?

+9
Ivy
AZgirl
Cindy*W
HeelerLady
Brenda
pen
LG
Paradox
AuntieBubbs
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For Fun: Who's in your iPod/CD player/MP3 player/computer/etc.? Empty For Fun: Who's in your iPod/CD player/MP3 player/computer/etc.?

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Thought it would be fun to see who we all have loaded into our music player of choice. I love music and am always interested in what types of music my friends are currently listening to.
Let's see, currently loaded on my iPod Shuffle is:

3 Tori Amos albums
1 Damien Rice album
2 Ani DiFranco albums
Timbaland's album "Shockvalue" which is mainly hip hop and is good to exercise to
some random songs by: Phil Collins, Limp Bizkit, Korn, and, oddly, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Murray Head and Justin Timberlake

I think that's it Very Happy
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

For Fun: Who's in your iPod/CD player/MP3 player/computer/etc.? Empty Re: For Fun: Who's in your iPod/CD player/MP3 player/computer/etc.?

Post  Paradox Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:08 am

Okay, how's this for eclectic.

This is what's in my car CD player

Eminem
Dixie Chicks
Soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar
Macy Gray
Soundtrack to Wicked

Are you starting to see why my log-in is Paradox???? Suspect

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

For Fun: Who's in your iPod/CD player/MP3 player/computer/etc.? Empty Re: For Fun: Who's in your iPod/CD player/MP3 player/computer/etc.?

Post  AuntieBubbs Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:15 am

Charlotte, how funny is this? The first musical I was ever in was Jesus Christ Superstar! I can still sing every song in that show. I love the music. Wicked isn't bad either. I can sing all that music too. Smile I took my mom to London about 3 years back, and we each picked a show to see. She picked Wicked, I picked Equus. We loved Wicked, I loved Equus (she was confused by it; halfway through, at intermission, she asked "is it over?"). It was fun.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:50 am

Every CD DMB ever released (my favorite ever)
Lost Boyz
Asher Roth
125 Greatest Rap Songs EVER
Living in Clip - Ani Difranco
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:57 am

Okay, Lovegia...I am OLD! Never heard of any of them.

AuntieBubbs...Wicked is by far my favorite. When I was in London (when I was in college I had the great opportunity to spend a semester over there. Fantastic experience) I got to see Cats. There is something so magical about the theatre in London. I missed seeing Nicholas Nickleby though. My back was flared up and I couldn't sit that long. Man, I just realized I've been fighting back problems all my adult life too. No fair!

I hope to get to New York someday for a theatre week. Someone on this forum did a while back. Estree, maybe? I was so jealous when I read about it.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Oh, LG, Living in Clip is such a great collection, I think that's one of her best. I love the version of "Overlap" she does on that. Have you seen her do that one live? I did about 3 years ago and she just took my breath away. I love Living in Clip. Sadly, I was too careless with my copy of both CDs, and they got tossed around in my truck outside of the case, and got scratched up badly, and I had to throw them out Sad I miss Living in Clip.

Charlotte, you can't be that old Very Happy I saw Cats when it came to LA. It was fun.
I did a theatre week the first time I went to London, that would've been almost 10 years ago now I think, since my passport's about to expire. LOL It was really a theatre 2 weeks, we hit Ireland and Stratford too. Saw a Brian Friel play in Dublin, and something by the RSC in Stratford, but I forget what. Saw a play a day the week we were in London, and some days we saw two! I can't remember everything we saw, but I remember Phantom of the Opera (my advice, never see that musical from the 2nd row, you don't want to see how heavily made up the actors actually are), Art, Chicago, and Blood Brothers. Razz Talk about old, eh? Wink

I'd love to go to New York for a theater week, too. I'd love to get back to London for another theater week. There's so much good theater out there too see. Hmm. Maybe that needs another thread!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Charlotte, you must listen to Dave Matthews Band at least once in your lifetime! All the others can be left alone but DMB is necessary!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Ha Ha Ha! I was wondering what band DuMB was. I was really confused for awhile about INXS. I was looking for In Excess and kept wondering who INKS was. Silly, silly me!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Very eclectic taste.

Beatles to Beach Boys
Carpenters to Queen.

MGMT
Green Day.
Plain White Tees.

So many more.

I dont get to listen to music as much any more, I miss it.
Good topic.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 pm

Frank has an iPod, but we both use it. We have absolute TONS of music on it. Very ecclectic tastes between the two of us. We have a very large selection of Christmas music. My selections are mostly southern gospel...the Bishops, Gaither Homecoming, etc.; country; some Michael Buble and a little big band. Frank likes the country stuff, 80's, and dance mixes. We also have some audio books on there that we'll listen to when we travel or as we go to sleep at night.

On my computer, I listen to pandoraradio.com and sometimes Live365.com. Both of these are free radio stations that you can choose your style of music. They have lots for all tastes. Pandora is my favorite currently.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:27 pm

I listen to mostly country. Current 3 rotating through my cd player...Justin Moore, Dierks Bentley and Lady Antebellum. I have a bit of everything though, Collective Soul, Creed, Aerosmith, various soundtracks, various country artists and whatever I managed to rip off of my ex's computer - he had tons of music and I burned a few things. Razz

I know there's other things but that would involve me getting up and looking - brain is refusing to pull names that I know.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Heeler, I adore Collective Soul. The lead singer has such a good voice, so unusual.

Brenda, speaking of big band, I love swing music. Do you know Big Bad Voodoo Daddy?
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:15 pm

All American Rejects
John Mayer
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Take That
Robbie Williams

Kind of a weird mix I guess. For those who don't know, "Take That," is a British group that is just the best. I have every CD they have ever made. They are so talented. One of my favorites is a song called, "Patience." Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=273eSvOwpKk

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 pm

AuntieBubbs wrote:Heeler, I adore Collective Soul. The lead singer has such a good voice, so unusual.

Brenda, speaking of big band, I love swing music. Do you know Big Bad Voodoo Daddy?
Yeah, I know them. How about Squirrel Nut Zippers? they're really good swing too.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Everything! Contemporary Christian, Polka, 80s, Country, Metal.

For example:

Mercy Me
Duran Duran
Eddie Blazonczyk
Shania Twain
Motley Crue
Air Supply
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 am

Mainly hard rock stuff. You won't believe me, but it relaxes me Cool
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Cindy, you made me smile. What are you doing in Nebraska listening to Take That and Robbie.
My mums cousin is best friends with Robbie's mum Jan. She used to baby sit him.
I didnt think they had reached the mid west......glad you like them.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Brenda, I like them too. Smile

BBVD is a local band where I live. When I was younger, I could hear them/dance to them at the local club, Nickolby's. They were (are) awesome. I've seen them live a few times. Scotty is an awesome singer with so much personality, but the whole band is great. They're quite the local favorites here. Very Happy
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

For Fun: Who's in your iPod/CD player/MP3 player/computer/etc.? Empty music

Post  crt Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:19 pm

I like Pandora radio too. I like the way it picks more music for you artist. I like jazz, classical, folk music from around the world, bluegrass, classic rock, classic country, Afro-Cuban, Salsa, Tejano (I loved Selena. What a tragic story.), Hawaiian, new age, big band.

Chris

Last edited by crt on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Pen, it's amazing you've even HEARD of Nebraska, LOL.

Cindy, I'm reading a great book about a Nebraska lady who lived to be 100. She was a pioneer in Conzad and lived in a soddy. I would love to visit the places in her book.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 pm

I have all mine and my hubbies CD collections on my ipod and I've made numerous playlists by mood - happy, angsty, chilled, romantic, energy etc. There are about 200 songs in each playlist and I set it on shuffle. They are what we play most frequently. But the artists I'm listening to most at the moment are Kings of Leon, Muse, Gossip, Queens of the Stone Age, the soundtrack from Amelie, Lionel Ritchie, Nina Simone and Moby (the dog loves Moby!).

For some reason I can't bear to listen to albums over and over again, I really hate that thing where you start to anticipate the intro of the next song as the current one is ending. So I listen to albums on shuffle too. I also can't listen to the same music too frequently as it becomes 'too familiar' and starts to lose its magic. So I change what I listen to a lot. I have the same thing with films - generally have to have a couple of years between seeing a film for the second time. I don't really like to own films on DVD for this reason, they sit there for years unused. Hubby thinks I'm weird, maybe I am Smile

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Pen: I" think I should have been a Brit! I happen to think some of the very best music originated there. Listen, my hubby would tell you that I am a "Take That", and Robbie Williams nut! I belong to both websites, have absolutely every CD they have ever come out with and even have live concert footage for both. I love "Live at Knebworth." When my kids laughed at me for watching it, I had them sit down and look at how many thousands and thousands of people were there each night. My son said, "I guess that many Brits can't be wrong! I even have several Robbie Williams T shirts. Are you thinking I'm crazy yet?? Maybe I will actually get there some day! I am so jealous that you have a connection to Robbie! How cool is that?

Cheryl: What's the name of your book, if you don't mind. Sounds really good. Is that Cozad? I would love to read it. Hope you and Anna are doing well.

Thanks guys!

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:09 pm

Cindy,

"No Time On My Hands" by Grace Snyder.
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:27 am

Oh that's funny Amy. I HATE when it's on shuffle. Somehow my car radio got put on that and it drove me insane!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:47 am

Tool
Pink Floyd
Alice in Chains
Rush
Are the ones that have their entire discography loaded and listen to them often.
Then there's anything from Pearl Jam,Zeppelin,NIN , various 70's and 80's stadium rock and metal bands to song writers like Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next