migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Describing my pain. For better medication.

+5
LG
HeelerLady
AuntieBubbs
theresae
pen
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Describing my pain. For better medication. - Page 2 Empty Re: Describing my pain. For better medication.

Post  pen Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:13 pm

You havent offended me. I am too old to get offended by someone sharing their opinion.
No one's opinion is ever wrong, that is the whole thrust of opinion.

A lot of the problem is the written word. It is great we can have this forum and share like this.
But it is so flat an has no real emotion or inflection. It relies on the writer to convey and although writing is often cathartic, it cannot be shared at conception as a face to face or even a phone call can. Neither can it really be retracted once someone has read it. Subsequently it is open to the opinion and personal conjecture of the reader, who, as we see often on this very forum puts their own spin on it and draws their own conclusion. This could be quite different if it was human to human ,but it cannot be.

I am a writer, and I write as and when I can and probably sometimes, instead of putting it on here,where most of the time someone adds something that makes me feel better. Sometimes I should wait until I feel better, but then the moment is passed. So if my writing has given you a false impression Bubbs I apologise. But it IS a FALSE impression.

Let me try to address your points which are well made.
First there may be medication I could try that is off licence, but thus far none has been offered. And I have a good neuro now.
I said it before and I can only reiterate. I am not defeatist. In fact recently I was complimented by one of our "experts" for my positive attitude. I do quite a lot of interviews etc for them. I have just done one and am about to do another.
As I said, sometimes the FMS IBS and migraine all hit together and I admit that brings me down and I probably feel I am not winning. But there are several posts on here right now by others just like that. We have bad days...
The quip about the dr stepping over was humour Bubbs, perhaps you missed that, but it was a joke...
I wasnt aware I had shot anyone down, I apologise, and please people come forward so that I can apologise individually.
That really hurts.

As for a new doctor Its not a question of not taking anyone's advice. I think you need to understand England Bubbs. I cant just have a new doctor. I can change GPs, which I have done, but in this area at least, for now I am doing the best I can. I think it must be quite different in America.

I havent dismissed LG or anyone elses advice; that I have to say does upset me. And I know she has great pain herself and I too try to be supportive despite my pain. I amagine we all do that, dont we?? How can you know what I might do, or not do,
or indeed have already done.....I am not a critical person on here at all. I offer advice, and leave it there, people have their own reasons for how they deal with things. I have received much help and advice and exchanged a lot of PMs and emails with those people that have contactd me.

I dont know what else to say to you. I am so sorry you have chosen to take this perspective of my writings.
Life has been very tough for me the last few months, and I have found sanctuary here on this forum.
I have no siblings, no parents, and no friends close by. I am the only one in my entire family to have Migraines, so none empathises like you good people. So I am not offended, but I am hurt by your words. And you have so misunderstood me.

Now if you are no longer speaking to me, I am not sure you will even see this, so perhaps someone else might impart the gist of this so that you might reconsider and read it.

I shall not be concuring with your change of heart Bubbs, I shall continue to read your posts and am sure I have already gleaned much. I shall look back later and bet I find stuff. I dont know why you feel this way. I am sad you chose to.
I come on here to be amongst friends and to swap ideas and support. I would ask that you re examine your conclusions about me, and hopefully change your heart. If only for the harmony of the forum.

We are not here to judge after all, and if in being offered advice I need to accept it, at least on here in future I shall do that .
I am upset that I have offended and upset perhaps so many of you, and I am sorry.

If anyone else feels this strongly, I think perhaps I should leave. I dont want to rock the community on here. It is such a good one.

With apologies for not being who you would like me to be.
Pen Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Describing my pain. For better medication. - Page 2 Empty Re: Describing my pain. For better medication.

Post  pen Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Forgot to add, I have already taken some advice from you.
I am taking medication immediately, and today I went to Costco because they worked.

Also you mentioned having been to England twice and I was going to PM you about that.
I guess that isnt a good idea now...Thats a shame.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Pen, no one, including me, has asked you to leave the forum.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:23 am

I know that, and I dont recall saying anyone had, and I am not leaving.
I have slept on it, I am staying.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2