migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am so down , I cant go on like this.

+12
Kate
CluelessKitty
AuntieBubbs
02R96
alli
HeelerLady
rileyoday
Paradox
hollygolightly
Ivy
LizzieB
pen
16 posters

Go down

I am so down , I cant go on like this. Empty I am so down , I cant go on like this.

Post  pen Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:16 am

I have just taken another Migard, In desperation. I dont now what is going on with me.
Since October things have been bad, I was told it was the weather.
January was no worse than December, but so fat this month it is awful.
I just keep waking in level 8 pain and within an hour it is 10.
I need to take stuff, I cant stand the pain, but I am told, take it, dont let the pain get a hold.
Dont take more or too much, you might have more pain because of MOH??
How the H*** do I know,and I cant stand the stress of trying to reason it through.
I cant even reads this through my tears, sorry for any typos.

Sorry I guess this is a rant, but I so need to see I can still have the pathetic 3 day breaks I was getting, I am giving up hope.
I just dont know what to do any more.

Thanks for reading.

pen

Back to top Go down

I am so down , I cant go on like this. Empty Re: I am so down , I cant go on like this.

Post  LizzieB Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:21 am

Sorry you're so down Pen. I'm not having a great day either, not as bad as yours but enough to stop me even going to the village. I'm sick of staying in and making nourishing soups. I wanna have fun, even maybe a bit of culture Shocked . But that seems a long way off at the moment. But I live in hope Smile Smile Smile

I hope others are having a better day . . . or night?

Liz flower
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

I am so down , I cant go on like this. Empty Re: I am so down , I cant go on like this.

Post  Ivy Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 am

Pen,
I feel so sorry to hear you struggling like this.....
Sorry, I can't remind if you have ever tried preventatives, anti-depressants in particular. They have helped many migraine sufferers.
Maybe it's time to evaluate a prevention plan?
Take care
Hugs
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  hollygolightly Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 am

I am so sorry that you're in so much pain. Sometimes when they come in clusters - it can be so depressing, because it feels like there is no end in sight. The weather is causing me troubles, as well.. I do think that it has an effect.. usually seem to do a little better when the weather is warmer.

As far as the medicine situation goes, I hear ya... It can cause so much stress and anxiety debating on what to take and how much of it to take, especially if your insurance is frugal and only allows a certain amount each month.

Take care. Please let us know if you're feeling any better later.

I love you

hollygolightly

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:33 am

Not many words of encouragement...I'm at a pretty low point right now.

It was so bad last night I was having dizzy spells. I haven't had those for over seven years.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

I am so down , I cant go on like this. Empty Cant go on

Post  rileyoday Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:41 am

Hey Pen, I know you agonize about taking too much, but it dosent sound like you could feel worse.
Take what you need if it helps. Have you found anythings that make you feel better.?? Like hot shower,
cold compress, hot or cold drinks ? How about cookies ? Those are some things I use on different days.

sometimes I could call my sis and ignore the pain. Her lifes funny to me.

I have seen on here alot of posts about rebound..Alot of us have gone extended periods of time without using
anything to rule out rebound.For some of us M or head pain is coming with or with out taking something.

If you have the means and availablity, and it will help you feel better take it.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:55 am

Pen,

I'm so sorry you're so miserable. Wish I had a magic wand and could make it all go away. I've already used one of my triptans this morning (only been up 3 hours) and I may be heading for the neurontin already. It's so hard when they last so long and it's depressing - it's like you have disappeared and all that's left is the pain. And when they get so bad...it feels like nothing can make you feel any better - you want to find a hole and pull it in behind you. The only thing that makes me feel any better is talking to someone - just so I'm not alone. My roommate is always good for a laugh - she's 21 and oh my the drama.....don't think I would have survived in her shoes. Or I'll call my brother - he drives semi over the road and has a funny way of putting things or even my mom just to have the human connection.

I hope it passes soon for you, and take care of you.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:37 am

I hope you are feeling better. It sucks royally when the pain just won't end. Winter is HORRIBLE!!! I am so looking forward to spring and better weather.

It's raining here and my TN and Fibro are acting up. My head above my ears is aching, stinging and burning all at the same time. I hope I can get through the day, especially the free lunch I getting with my boss today.

<<<<Big hugs>>>> and wishes that you are feeling better.
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Pen,

So sorry to hear about your situation. We all know what it's like. Question: Have you contacted your PCP to let he/she know what's going on? There could be other treatment options open to you...
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Thank you all. The migard helped. But took 5 hours, by which time it was 6pm
I will be off to bed soon. But I hate to go. I wish this was morning, the start of my day.
I am so much more comfortable. But the tigers come at night.
WHY HOW. If only I could find out.

It is so depressing to wake each day in such bad pain. Its 7/8 when I wake and within an hour it's 9/10.
What am I to do?? I cant break this, but I cant stay awake forever....
I dont want to go to bed, and I don't want to wake up.
I cant function. I am spending my life on the couch....
I seem to have tried everything. Does anyone know what might be doing this PLEASE??
Thanks
Sad

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Pen, I honestly feel for you being in so much pain, and I hope it will get better.
But it's very hard for us on the board to offer much more than sincere well wishes and sympathy. We are not doctors. Many of us do undertake a good deal of research, but in the end, it will come down, I think, to what your own doctor can advise.
I hate to be such a downer, but there it is. Of course, vent as much as you can, that's what the board is for, especially if it makes you feel better.
But I'm afraid we cannot diagnose you. I hope you can get in to see your own doctor soon.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Please, you need to see someone ASAP or even a trip to the ER. This amount of pain, physical and mental stress is not a condition to just try to "ride out alone".
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Yes, Dan said it much more succinctly than I did. I think you should go to the ER too. I hope you can get some relief soon.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:10 pm

We don't go to A&E for migraine in England.
They just send you home. Its a chronic condition, you have the medication, thats it.
In any case this is an ongoing thing with me
The GP knows, the neuro knows. MAA knows.
There is no one else to tell.
I am not meaning to ride it out alone. Seems that is all there is.

I dont expect anyone to diagnose me. And I appreciate the words of comfort and support.
I just hoped someone else might have had this overnight monster and found a way to fix it.

I am putting off going to bed, as this is the best I have felt all day.
But I know I have to start over tomorrow, and with the....take the medication, dont take it.
Is it making things better or worse.....

Thank you though. I guess it is very different here to America.

Smile Smile

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:45 pm

I am sorry you are in such pain, Pen.
This is why I've said to heck with MOH, or rebounds, whatever it is called now.
I need relief from this constant pain and since the drs can not give me that I will give it to myself by myself.
I take as much as I need, whenever I need, whatever I need.

And if the collateral is MOH, so be it- the meds are taking care of MOH all the same.

I am always on the lookout for a doctor who will Rx as many as I want. That's why I don't always necessarily go to the good dr, but sometimes to the easy dr...

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:53 pm

good point, Risa.
Pen, I think you should worry less about rebound, and just take what you need to get through it. If it's rebound, it's rebound. What difference does it make, if you're in pain? It it were me, I'd take whatever I need to get rid of the pain.
Maybe your dr. can prescribe something different for you, or maybe you need a higher dose of your triptans.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks Bubbs and Risa.
I do worry too much about it.
It is thrown at us all the time, first neuro I saw told me straight.
#Get off all the medication, you are doing this to yourself. I never went back.

i would take whatever Risa, but none of it really works.
I think if they gave me something that got rid of the pain, enough so I could function, I would just take it an to Hell with it.
But the triptans only push it back and take 5 hours....the useful part of the day is over then.
They dont give me anything else but Naproxen and Diclofenac.
Neither of them get rid of it either.
We dont have the plethora of drugs here in England on licence for migraine.

My best way out is to work out what is doing this in the night.
But seems I cant. Seems no one can.

Anyway, depressingly it is gone midnight and I should go to bed.
See sleep should be a blessing, but it isnt because right now my head is comfortable.
In the morning the whole pantomime starts over.
But as I said, I cant stay awake all night, so I should go.
But I do appreciate your comments guys, really I do.
~Thank you.
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:28 pm

One thought that comes to mind....could it be something with blood sugars? I can't imagine that you are able to eat much throughout the day when they are so horrible (I know I couldn't) and I know mine actually get better if I eat something even if I don't want to eat. Could it be that you have relief, eat, feel much better, go to bed, sugars dip too low and you wake up with a humdinger? I'm sure you've been told this before. It might be worth a try, waking up in the middle of the night and having a snack and see what happens in the morning. What's the worst, it has no effect and you are just a bit more tired.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm

I was thinking rebounds too. The meds could be making your head worse. This has happened to me and I had to ride it out without anything. I`ve had to do this a couple of times.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:13 pm

There is NO way for you to get pain meds so you can live????? That's torture!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Pen,

They just gotta give you some effective pain meds. I find it hard to believe that none of the doctors over there will prescribe serious paid meds. This is nuts. If we can find some papers in medical journals showing the effectiveness of pain meds for some migraine patients, will that even make a dent?

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:45 am

They dont give me anything else but Naproxen and Diclofenac

No wonder you are feeling poorly.
This c*ap doesn't work for me either. For me to start touching my M, it has to be Percocet combined with a triptan, at least.
yeah I know in Europe they are really backwards when it comes to treating M patients. They just don't understand the severity of the pain.
It's unbelievable, considering it's England who produced Goadsby.

I am so sorry for you. Perhaps you can find a dr who you can press for more effective pain management?
Fingers crossed.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:05 am

We did produce Peter Goadsby, Risa, but he left......
(I think he might actually be australian)

Thanks for all your words. Today is a little better, but I still have the problem of waking with it every day, and I am no way sure its migraine.

Totally confused,
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:36 am

Dear Pen,

I know how you feel. Right now, I feel like I spend half of my time fighting migraine and the other half fighting the fainting spells. When I am able to get up, I tend to fall down quite a bit. I know it is horrible to deal with this everyday. I wish there was an ER or something that could help you. Does any pain medication help? It might be time to talk more about managing your symptoms than aborting the headaches. As one very good neuro once told me "You are way, way past rebound." My neuro had to switch to that and it has helped, but I do not know what the protocol for that is in England, hope it is similar. Could you talk to your dr about possibly controlling pain? It just sounds like you are having such a rought time.

I wish I had better advice. Unfortunately, Dan spoke for me. I just wish there was some way for you to get some relief. I hate the ER, but it is helpful sometimes. I hope that you feel better soon.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

I am so down , I cant go on like this. Empty sorry you are having so much pain.

Post  dizzyflower Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:51 am

Has your doctor offered you a pain management clinic apointment? I don't know what they do, but I got offered one becuase I feel any pain really badly as a result of the migraine pain that I manage to suppress, so anything on top and I'm in agony.

I only got somehwere when I saw a different and more senior doctor, who incidently gave me some decent meds to tide me over and then she reffered me to a private appointment with a neuro to get an opinion that is not based on the national health budget. I only had to pay for one apointment because we got further info wise on the one apointment than in the NHS, then I was fed back into the NHS system. it took a lot of effort to find the money out of incapacity benefit but it was well worth it.

I hope you start to feel some lasting relief soon.

best wishes

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum