migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relief from Steroids

2 posters

Go down

Relief from Steroids Empty Relief from Steroids

Post  sherri b Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:31 pm

I just had a 7 day non stop migraine, I used up almost all my triptans and I did use up all my Toridal. I called my neuro on Monday, he had a cancellation due to the snow storm, My lucky day!! Anyway, he put me on the steroid pack, you know the little z pack you get for poison ivy???, (predinsone) anyway after being on it for one day, the migraine is gone.

I worked all day today, staring at a computer, and no headache.

My question is, (and I am going to ask my neuro)... I have 2 friends who have been diagnosed with Minimal Change Disease, it affects the kidneys, when it surfaces in their life, the treatment is high doses of steroid for months, this helps kick start their kidneys.

so,,,, if it helps with them and seems to be helping me, maybe taking it longer, like do would help us?

Have any of you had similar experiences? or opinions? I know the side affects aren't fun. But I would be willing to be a guinea pig and give it a try,,,,,

What do you think out there?

Sherri B! clown
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Relief from Steroids Empty Re: Relief from Steroids

Post  AZgirl Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 pm

I have not tried being on steroids for more than the 7-day packs. Interesting thought, though.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down