migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would you do this?

2 posters

Go down

would you do this? Empty would you do this?

Post  mattie Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:40 am

I have a urethral mucosa prolapse that "maybe" helped with topical estrogen. If the estrogen doesn't help, surgery is the next step of which I am not a candidate for many reasons.

I know we're told that our body doesn't absorb estrogen from topical urethra application. I do know for me it does & causes migraines & other side effects.

Hypothetically speaking, would you be willing to use the estrogen for a few weeks knowing it would increase M's? Thanks.

mattie

Back to top Go down

would you do this? Empty Re: would you do this?

Post  Mini Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:58 pm

So sorry about your new problems Mattie.
I am not sure if it is the same thing, but I am taking topical estrogen  which is applied deep into the vagina, (not urethra) this is because I found penetrative sex painful lately.
I have stopped taking oral HRT two years ago (on the insistence of my GP, because of supposed  increased cancer risk) after taking it for about 15 years.

I have been only taking topical (vaginal) estrogen for 3 weeks at the moment, but during this time I have not noticed any increase in my M. IN fact my M has been getting much easier in the last year, or so.

I am not sure if this is of any help to you, but I thought I will respond.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Thanks Mini, The response does help. I know what you mean about the pain. I have starting using a tiny pea size amount of estrogen as prescribed by Gyno. I've had a couple bad M's since I started it but I can't say for sure if that caused them. Maybe your M's will get better with age. I think I may be getting less M's after menopause, but they are usually much worse than before. Good luck!

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum