migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone try Magnesium pushs for pain relief

+2
Seaine
Judy7
6 posters

Go down

Anyone try Magnesium pushs for pain relief Empty Anyone try Magnesium pushs for pain relief

Post  Judy7 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,
I am going to a new doctor...a natural pathic one...she says that when I get my next migraine to come into her office for a magnesium push....some sort of IV of magnesium that in 1/2 hour should relieve the pain. I was wondering if anyone had heard of this or even had one done.

Thanks, Judy in Indiana

Judy7

Back to top Go down

Anyone try Magnesium pushs for pain relief Empty Re: Anyone try Magnesium pushs for pain relief

Post  Seaine Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:38 pm

I have heard of this being done for migraines but have never had it done myself. Many doctors will suggest daily magnesium supplements for migraines also.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Anyone try Magnesium pushs for pain relief Empty Re: Anyone try Magnesium pushs for pain relief

Post  Platypus Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 am

Interesting. Let us know how it works.
Platypus
Platypus

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:10 am

i had this done several years ago. it was up to me to find the hospital ER with the proper magnesium compound. a person needs monitoring; it can do bad things to the heart.

it seemed to help for an hour or so, but after that, nothing. i've also tried magnesium in its many forms, for lengthy periods of time and could find no difference in my head pain. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Anyone try Magnesium pushs for pain relief Empty Anyone try Magnesium pushs for pain relief

Post  Cindy*W Mon May 20, 2013 12:47 am

Have had two of these in the Er.

First one was about 5 years ago, and it was awful!

I seriously thought I was having a heart attack or something.

Made my heart race, my chest hurt , and made me sick to my stomach til I threw up.

Then last year, another ER doc talked me into trying it again.

He was just sure that my bad reaction was due to the fact that they pushed it too fast.

Stupidly, I let him give it to me again with the same bad results.

Not saying it isn't worth a try, but just be prepared that some bad reactions can occur.

Hope you do well with it.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue May 21, 2013 8:04 am

I haven't had it as a push, but as an infusion, along with 200-500mL of IV fluid. No harm, no foul for me, but I guess some people are helped with the migraines.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down