migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here and waving a painful hello....

4 posters

Go down

New here and waving a painful hello.... Empty New here and waving a painful hello....

Post  trutland Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Hello all! Just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself. I'm at my wit's end with another 72 hr attack...and counting, it seems.

I was diagnosed with Migraines (with aura) 9 years ago. I recently began preventative therapy again, after many years of self-medicating. The migraines worsened after the birth of my son, 2 years ago.
I am currently on a daily 50 mg dose of Topamax and using 20mg of Relpax as a rescue/abortive therapy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I also take Fioricet when the Relpax fails, but only when absolutely necessary, as I FEAR rebound headaches. I have been to the ER twice since the beginning of September, when this current cycle started. I recently left my job due to the pain/severity and my inability to function at work.

My pain is always ocular and on the left side with tingling in the left side of my head. I also have nausea, tingling in my left arm and hand, and sometimes and visual aura that precedes the migraine.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and I am looking forward to being part of an understanding community.

Smile
trutland
trutland

Back to top Go down

New here and waving a painful hello.... Empty Re: New here and waving a painful hello....

Post  Kate Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi, Trutland.

Kate

Back to top Go down

New here and waving a painful hello.... Empty Re: New here and waving a painful hello....

Post  Mini Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:31 pm

Welcome to our group, Trutland.
I am so sorry about your latest attack. I don't have any useful ideas for you at the moment, as my head is not so good today so I cannot think, but youu are defintely amongst people who understand your frustration and fears.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  trutland Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks for welcoming me. It's been a rough day. Meds wore off and I'm trying to survive until my doc can see me in the AM. I'm at my daily limit of Relpax and Fioricet. I'm hoping the black coffee and Aleve I had for dinner will hold me over. Ever the optimist....haha....
trutland
trutland

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:27 am

I do Advil and coffee. It helps take the edge off. Does the Aleve work pretty well?

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  trutland Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:09 am

The Aleve/coffee combo worked last night and I'm down to just a tension headache today. Aleve is a hit or miss for my migraine....sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

Saw my doc today who suggested an ER visit or return to his office for a Toradol injection if it returns. I've reached my limit of Relpax for this episode.
trutland
trutland

Back to top Go down

Post  rayzpain Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Welcome,
This is one site that all of us wish we did not have to participate in but we are all in this together. Great site with great people who care.You will get honest opinions and facts. Hope you feel better soon.Ray

rayzpain

Back to top Go down

Post  trutland Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 pm

rayzpain wrote:Welcome,
This is one site that all of us wish we did not have to participate in but we are all in this together. Great site with great people who care.You will get honest opinions and facts. Hope you feel better soon.Ray

Thanks, Ray. I'm happy to report I had 2 consecutive pain free days. Had to take a Relpax today which is kicking my arse, but I'm alive. Smile
trutland
trutland

Back to top Go down

Post  rayzpain Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Glad your getting some relief. I know what you mean, the side effects are sometimes worse than the pain.Ray

rayzpain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum