migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what fresh hell is this!

2 posters

Go down

what fresh hell is this! Empty what fresh hell is this!

Post  charmed quark Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 pm

I finally ran into something as bad as migraines. I had my first attack of gout!

OMG that was painful. The intensity of the pain was very close to what I remember from when I once accidentally poured boiling water on my hand and ended up with a 2nd degree burn over the entire back of my hand. It was one giant blister. But the gout is actually worst as the burn pain gradually got better over the next couple of days while the gout stayed at full intensity for three days until I saw my doctor.

Here's the migraine-related content. My doctor gave me a very power NSAID to abort the gout attack. And it did! Within 5 hours after I took the first dose. Blessed, blessed relief. I made a shrine for the bottle of pills where I burn incense to the NSAID gods.

But a side effect of the NSAID was, paradoxically, inducing a bad, headache-predominant, migraine in me. So I got to experience for about an hour the full-blown gout attack combined with a full-blown migraine.

Ain't life fun? I now have a new definition of what a "10" is on the pain scale.

-Pete

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

what fresh hell is this! Empty Re: what fresh hell is this!

Post  marco1968 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Had it once too. Very unpleasant. Treatable though.

marco1968

Back to top Go down