migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A struggle between 4pm and 7pm

+6
tecky
theresae
Chinookgrl
milo
WitsEnd
pen
10 posters

Go down

A struggle between 4pm and 7pm Empty A struggle between 4pm and 7pm

Post  pen Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:05 am

I just mentioned this in an answer to a posting, but it prompted me to ask.
Do we all get low times?
Times when our pain gets worse, or is more likely to come on?

I dont know the cause and thought it was blood sugar, but eating never makes any difference.

Has anyone noticed this please, and more to the point have you gotten over it.?

pen

Back to top Go down

A struggle between 4pm and 7pm Empty A struggle between 4pm and 7pm

Post  WitsEnd Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:12 am

I don't get a specific low, really bad time. Only between migraine starting and getting to my bed to sleep.

sorry, I don't think this really answers you....
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

A struggle between 4pm and 7pm Empty Re: A struggle between 4pm and 7pm

Post  milo Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 am

My headaches always worsen between 2 and 4 PM. Whether I am at work or on vacation, still the same pattern.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

A struggle between 4pm and 7pm Empty low times

Post  Chinookgrl Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:03 pm

I always struggle after 3:00 in the afternoon. A naturopath once related it to my thyroid and I tried treatment for this. It worked for a while but the results were unfortunately short lived. I still struggle with this and plan my days as much as I can to be activity heavy in the morning and early afternoon. I just know that often I will be fatigued or with a migraine later in the day.

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Thyroid thing is interesting, thanks. Given I have had problems before.
Sadly I don't do mornings at all. I wake with pain most days, and seldom function much before about 2pm.
Kind of shortens the day....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:40 pm

my danger period has always been around 10.00am, doesnt seem to matter what time i get up, but havin a good breakfast and plenty of liquid can sometimes avert it, i used to be able to say that if i didnt have a migraine start b4 lunchtime i wouldnt get one at all that day, sadly over the last year this is not the case.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:42 pm

For the past several weeks, almost every day, my pain escalates in the late afternoon and/or early evening. That is, unless I am not awakened during the night with a nasty one. If I'm feeling well enough, I try to do any chores around the house in the mornings (I'm a morning person and always have been).

I've been unable to pinpoint it to any particular trigger other than being tired.

Becky confused
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

A struggle between 4pm and 7pm Empty low times

Post  crt Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Pen,

I don't have any particular time of day or night where I am more prone to have a migraine. I have not been able to discern any kind of pattern to my migraines. I wish I could figure out what does set them off and maybe I could circumvent them. However, I am more fortunate that most here. Triptans work very well for me, allowing me to work fulltime and participate in activities that I enjoy.

Then the new thing is my success? with tabasco sauce (cayenne pepper). I started eating a lot of it for my sore throat, sinus congestion. I have been taking 1/8 - 1/4 cup of tabasco a day for the last 28 days. I have not had one migraine during that time. None. I am not saying, as yet, that the cayenne is preventing my migraines, but is is an interesting coincidence.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Well done on finding that Chris.
I sure hope that isnt what i need, I cant stand spices, and with IBS I avoid all those things.
Be just my luck wouldn't it?

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:43 pm

I can count on my migraines coming in the late evening. It doesn't matter if I eat or don't eat, eat well or eat junk. I almost always get worse at around 6-7pm. Weather apparently makes my head go crazy as I've found out recently, in which case I'll get a migraine any time. My period also makes my migraines unpredictable. Those are the only two triggers besides alcohol I know of that will make my migraines come earlier.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  thegirlwithbrowneyes Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Mine too have been coming on lately in the early evening, around 5pm, right when my husband comes home from work...no connection there i dont think, haha..newly married so very happy..but this morning I woke up with one that lingered most of the day until I took a nap around 4:30...when I woke up at 6:30 I just had dull pain...I call it the migraine hangover.

I don't know if I mentioned this in my previous post, but I track my blood pressure during my migraines...the nuero seems to think my high bp has a connection....I was happy when my blood pressure was 117/69 last Thursday because that was the first time my bottom number had been below 90 in months...Was at a general doctors appointment a week ago and it was 144/98...
thegirlwithbrowneyes
thegirlwithbrowneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:47 am

Hmm bp. Mine used to be really low 110/60. It was like that for years. BUT it is much higher now...not too high mind you.
140/80 BUT its gone up since menopause. I might give this more attention. Thanks for mentioning.
P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:41 am

No, I've never noticed that there's a particular time of the day which can be worse for migraines.
What I noticed is that attacks that arrive during the night, when I'm asleep, are the worst because I cannot take them in time. Instead, if the attack arrives when I'm awake, I can immediately take something and avoid to reach an 8/10.
Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum