migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

audiobooks

3 posters

Go down

audiobooks Empty audiobooks

Post  Stillhurtin Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:22 pm

So I bought my first audiobook a few mins ago b/c I have not been reading at all lately b/c the head has been so bad. I'm excited to see how I like it. I bought "The Art of Racing In The Rain" by Garth Stein
It came highly recommended by one of my best friends and I value her book recommendations a ton. So I am excited to try it out. The premise of the book is not something I would normally choose (it's about a dog...) But she said it is a beautifully amazing book that I must read.

I'm excited. It sounds like such a win win...lights off and a good book!!! Smile (Gosh how my saturday nights have changed over time...lol)

I'll let ya kow what I think....of the book AND the whole audio book thingy.

Ciao. bounce
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

audiobooks Empty Re: audiobooks

Post  LG Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:22 am

I love it now, but it took a while to get used to. It is so nice to read and do chores at the same time. I can do anything while reading where as a book you are rather confined. I also find it comforting to have on one during a mild/moderate migraine. It takes my mind of the pain and doesn't have to be blasting to understand it, plus you can ice your head and keep the a blindfold on with the headphones too! Smile

But if it does feel weird for the first book, keep with it and try another one. I felt strange for the first book or two but after that it was smoooth saiiilin!

Hope you enjoy your new read! study

PS- Torrents are free, extremely fast to download and nobody ever looks at audiobook files for pirating. PM me if you want to know how that works in case you don't know yet.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:29 am

I'm finding audiobooks a wonderful distraction from my pain and they solve the problems of irritated optic nerves (migraine).

At first I had a bit of a problem following along, I guess I'm very visual, but it's improving. I enjoy the narrators who have different accents for each of the characters--it really brings the stories to life.

I wish I had found audiobooks earlier........

Becky study
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum