migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTSD VS Whiner?

4 posters

Go down

PTSD VS Whiner? Empty PTSD VS Whiner?

Post  AZgirl Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:09 pm

So I've been wondering if I need to seek counseling for an issue I have or if I just need to cowgirl-up and move one from the issue.

In July 2008 I had the shunt surgery for my pseudo tumor cerebri/high intracranial pressure and with it came the serious complications. When I reflect back on that time period I get weepy and often worry that I am going to suffer either a blood clot in my leg or my lung one day. I think about going to the ER when I get pains in my calf muscles because I think it's a blood clot. I have to go through a mental checklist to tell myself why it's not a blood clot. My heart races and I get a little dizzy.

I don't want to talk to my husband or my parents about this because I know it was traumatic for them, too. I don't want to bring it up and get them emotional. So I lean toward getting a counselor.

But on the other hand, am I making more out of this than necessary? Should I just say, yes, that time period really sucked, but I'm alive now, and move on?
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

PTSD VS Whiner? Empty Re: PTSD VS Whiner?

Post  Stillhurtin Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:23 pm

My thougts are.....yes you are over worrying, but thats what PTSD does to people, so counseling is a great choice. It can only help!! You need to sort through that so you aren't doubting yourself if/when you ever do need immediate help.

Good luck!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:58 pm

I agree with still hurtin. You are overworrying, but that is a sign of PTSD and trauma. Counseling can only help. At the very least you will find someone to talk to. It sounds like you feel like you can't talk to the other people in your life because you don't want it to be hard for them. That is kind of you, but it leaves you with no one to talk to.

try it an see if it helps. I hope it does,

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 am

I agree, counselling can only help and it can really help you to relax and take things better.
I can 100% understand you. I'm quite scared about disease and sometimes I get obsessed by symptoms that are nothing but that make feel anxious for entire days.
Take care
Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down