migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has this happened to you?

5 posters

Go down

Has this happened to you? Empty Has this happened to you?

Post  snoopysuez Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:55 am

The last 2 times I've had a migraine I've had this feeling of not getting a cleansing breath or need to take a deep breath. The first time it went on for a week and I went to the Dr who sent me for a CT scan to rule out blood clots since I'm on Birth Control. Nothing showed so he put me on 500mg of naproxen 2 x's a day for a week. In a few days I was better.

Sunday I had another migraine and the same thing happen except I called the Dr on Monday to see if he would write me another RX for the naproxen again, which he did.

To me I think the migraine is the trigger to this feeling because it's happened the last two times. I plan on talking to the Dr at my next visit which is in a few months, here's hoping this doesn't keep happening.

Had anyone else had this happen? and do you know what causes it?

snoopysuez

Back to top Go down

Has this happened to you? Empty Re: Has this happened to you?

Post  Jewishmother Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:57 am

I have this issue also........have daily migraines but not sure I can link it directly to them. However, I believe that migraines are an inflammatory process and I think that I have trouble taking a deep breath sometimes when my respiratory tract is inflammed so I do think they have something in common. For me, if I lean forward it helps and try my best to relax and eventually I can "sneak" in a deep breath.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  snoopysuez Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 am

I do a lot of yawning to get that deep breath. Now last night I slept good compared to the night before and I feel better when I wake but once I get up and start doing stuff around the house Ex, laundry, cleaning then that needing a deep breath feeling comes back.

snoopysuez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Jewishmother- that leaning forward motion is called tripod-ing, and it's a sign of moderate to severe distress, please make sure that whomever your see in the med field knows you've been having trouble. Since you do say that you've got some breathing issues, then this could be a symptom that you need a rescue inhaler (albuterol or similar) to relieve the constriction. If it's a regular or daily condition, there are meds that will stop the inflammation and bronco-constriction (advair or symbicort come to the tip of my tongue)

Another tip or trick that helps some is that is known as pursed lip breathing. Basically you mouth breath, but with your lips puckered up like you're going to kiss someone. If this helps, once again, tell your medical people, it's another sign of moderate breathing difficulties and there are meds that can help treat the active issue or prevent it from occurring.

I tend to teach the pursed lip breathing to people with COPD or emphysema. The tripod breathing people pick up on their own, we learn it helps when we run too fast and have to lean over and rest our hands on our thighs.

snoopysuez- I'm glad you've let your doc know about this. If you ever find that the breathing issues get worse, please be careful about your meds. I've had asthmatic-like reactions to meds right before I get the much more serious anaphylaxis. I've had the meds my doctor prescribed send me to the emergency room more than once and now I'm paranoid, so just be careful.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  snoopysuez Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:33 pm

The first time I had this happen it was out of the blue, no med change and my meds have been the same for at least 2-3 years, now this last time I did have an increase of a med for cholesterol several days before it happened.

snoopysuez

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:56 am

I have this happen but I thought it was caused by the blood vessels in my nasal passages & lungs constricting or dilating.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  snoopysuez Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 am

I found an article on migraines and asthma wondering if this could possibly be the issue. It's on Web MD I can't post a link since I'm a newbie.

snoopysuez

Back to top Go down

Post  snoopysuez Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:02 am

Well last time I had one was 3 weeks ago, got relief when I had my nails done and hand massage so I figured its some kind of anxiety. Saturday night I started with a slight headache and quickly took something, didn't help, progressively got worse and within 12 hours the breaking issue. Kept taking meds for headache with no avail in helping. I can deal with the pain its the breathing that bothers me which leads me back to anxiety. I guess i'm gonna just have to soon make a dr appt to see if this could be the problem. I really don't have abnormal stress other than being a mother to 3 boys and a wife/ No idea what the aniety could be from.

snoopysuez

Back to top Go down

Post  nicoleb Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:36 am

This reminds me of what I used to do for migraines: three excedrine extra strenth, two benidril, and a nap with a face mask. Any sort of face pain can trigger a migraine for me.

Now, any more, I just have to be very careful, and good care of myself. Like, no MSG's, no soda, low amounts of caffine, avoid bright, bright lights, and doing some mediation each day to keep my stress down. I know that yoga sometimes helps, stretching my back and my neck is a great release. Also, since I live in one of the worse places for alergies, using my nasal alergy medication is super important. I also try to drink a lot of green tea, since it has a lot of antioxidents in it, so it clears out some of the toxins. Staying hydrated it also important...

Sometimes I am still left confused as to why I have them.

nicoleb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum