migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does hydocodone, ibuprofen, or muscle relaxers cause weight gain?

4 posters

Go down

does hydocodone, ibuprofen, or muscle relaxers cause weight gain? Empty does hydocodone, ibuprofen, or muscle relaxers cause weight gain?

Post  kimsmom Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:02 pm

I have gained quite a bit of weight resently. I do not feel I have changed my diet much. I know I am eating a snack after dinner which I should not be doing but some of the "wrong" foods help my headaches.

Just wondered if taking these meds causes the body to gain more weight than it usually would if I did not take them. Course I am going to take them to stop the headaches but I was just wondering if they contributed to my weight gain.

I also eat ice cream after dinner. I know, this is bad but I either eat frozen yogurt or the Mayfield churned ice cream with 1/2 the fat. This helps my headaches. Also M&M's help my headaches. I do not eat these everynight but there are nights I do eat them.

What do you all think about the meds? Do you gain more by taking them?

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

does hydocodone, ibuprofen, or muscle relaxers cause weight gain? Empty Re: does hydocodone, ibuprofen, or muscle relaxers cause weight gain?

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:06 pm

I'm interested to see what people say. I gain weight easily and can barely lose it and I suspect hydrocodone to be the culprit.
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

does hydocodone, ibuprofen, or muscle relaxers cause weight gain? Empty Re: does hydocodone, ibuprofen, or muscle relaxers cause weight gain?

Post  AZgirl Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:21 am

I wanted to comment on the M&Ms helping your pain. I have found that Jolly Ranchers help my pain. I have often thought there is some sugar connection. I have a glucose monitor and have checked my blood sugar, but there is never a correlation between when my pain level soars and when my blood sugar is out of whack. Just an odd thing that helps---candy!
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:30 am

[i]Just wondered if taking these meds causes the body to gain more weight than it usually would if I did not take them. Course I am going to take them to stop the headaches but I was just wondering if they contributed to my weight gain.[/i

No I do not gain weight from pain meds but since I just wrote a reply with regards to thyroid I wonder if you shouldn't check out yours, too.
Because I remember how my friend who has Hashimoto had similar symptoms - lots of HAs and uncontrollable cravings, always hungry and gained a lot of weight which she could not lose easily.
Just a thought...

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down