migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importance of support

+2
Migrainegirl
Mini
6 posters

Go down

Importance of support Empty Importance of support

Post  Mini Fri May 04, 2012 3:55 pm

I often keep thinking how few warm words, or little kind gesture can make all the difference on a bad day for me.

I know that at times people can say some things which are irritating, or annoying, when they actually mean to be sympathetic.
I also know that it is not easy to support a person who is often in pain, so I try not to show my irritation. But it really helps to know that they mean well, and so I try to be patient even when I am annoyed becasue I know how much I appreciate that they try to show they care.

Nice gestures, kindness come at time when we leats expect it and every time it happens it makes me more aware that good support from family and friends is as important as good medicines. Right word or two, can make me actually feel less pain.

Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Importance of support Empty Re: Importance of support

Post  Migrainegirl Fri May 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Well I certainly hope you are feeling better! Warm thoughts your way.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Sat May 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Thank you Migrainegirl. It also means a lot to hear your kind words.
Yes, my head is much better. I hope you are having a nice weekend.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Beldame Fri May 11, 2012 12:52 am

Support--absolutely crucial. Sometimes it's not exactly words; I have supportive people in my life who aren't the most articulate about their support, but, say, today my partner (who has a job) drove me to the Doctor and waited for me most of afternoon when my Doctor was delayed...did not make a fuss about it either...

I also have been "fortunate" in a manner of speaking that several colleagues at work with whom I am friendly suffer from migraine and really do know what I'm talking about (though not always exactly what to say!) and others are very sympathetic, very aware that it's a real problem.

I think it must be unspeakable to have to work with people who finally can't quite understand why you can't take an aspirin and 'get on with it' ... or who think of it as just a neurosis. Not that I personally have anything against neurosis. Wink

Even so, it's hard for me sometimes not to feel one I am putting people's patience to the test...

Beldame

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri May 11, 2012 1:39 am

I am so glad to hear thet you get such good support at home and at work, shame about so many people with M though.

This also makes me wonder if there is something (like lighting) that makes it worse? Just a thought.

I know what you mean that it can makes us feel guilty about inconveniencing other people so often. But I also know that people who truly care don't mind. They understand, and this is the whole point, this is why their suppor really helps.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Importance of support Empty support

Post  dawn.binks Fri May 18, 2012 12:12 pm

absolutely agree mini.

i learnt many yrs ago a patient only becomes as strong as their support group! now there are a few people who are exceptions to the rule but not many. we all need support to get through this life with all it throws at us. Razz
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  tdu Sat May 19, 2012 2:28 pm

I'd even settle for just a little more understanding at times. Support is obviously great, but the middle ground for me would be if people who don't know anything about being in constant pain would just not comment about it lol.

tdu

Back to top Go down

Importance of support Empty Ditto

Post  redzone Sat May 26, 2012 4:38 pm

tdu wrote:I'd even settle for just a little more understanding at times. Support is obviously great, but the middle ground for me would be if people who don't know anything about being in constant pain would just not comment about it lol.

True Exclamation
redzone
redzone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down