migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our New Puppy

+2
BabySeal
Brenda
6 posters

Go down

Our New Puppy Empty Our New Puppy

Post  Brenda Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Those of you who are Facebook friends of mine know that we're getting a puppy. We were told it was a 90% chance it would be a boy. but we found out today that it's a girl after all. Which is fine with us, we originally wanted a girl. We're looking for a name now, but I thought I'd post a picture of her here, if I can figure it out. LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Our New Puppy Empty Re: Our New Puppy

Post  BabySeal Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Adorable Smile I recently got a new dog as well. Enjoy the new addition!!

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks Baby Seal. I'm so excited to bring her home. Time is dragging for a change. Normally, it just flies by for me.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:44 am

She looks like a star, so obviously Blondie comes to mind
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Our New Puppy Empty absolutley adorable!!

Post  chelle8178 Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:31 pm

So cute!! What kind of dog is she?
chelle8178
chelle8178

http://fuzzyredbees.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks Chelle. We think she's pretty adorable too. Smile She's a full blooded Bichon Frise. They are hypoallergenic and super loving and friendly. I've researched the breed. It was actually bred originally to be lap dogs for royalty. They're very intelligent, easy to train as long as you use positive reinforcement, and love to be the center of attention. They don't like to be left alone all day, but that's perfect for us. We're both home pretty much 24/7. I'm beyond excited. I've never had a pet before. My parents wouldn't allow it when I was living at home, and we thought Frank was allergic to all dogs. We found that there are a few breeds that are hypo-allergenic. Especially Bichon Frises.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Our New Puppy Empty how's the pup

Post  chelle8178 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Hey, how's the new pup working out? How's potty training going? I was thinking about getting a puppy but I am so sick all the time I don't know if I have the energy for it, especially potty training...
chelle8178
chelle8178

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:39 pm

She won't be weaned and ready to come home until next Wed. We have an appointment for 10 am to get her. I had some concerns about house breaking her with migraines as well. From everything I've read, this breed is pretty easy to train because they're very intelligent and eager to please. I hope they're right. As it is, we're crate training without puppy pads because that's supposedly the fastest way to do it. It means I'll have to take her out every 2 hours, though, even during the night for the first few weeks. I imagine the interrupted sleep will be a problem with triggering migraines, but it will be worth it in the end.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:49 am

I love you Awww..Brenda !
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:03 am

Chelle- there are always rescue dogs or rehomed dogs that are already trained to an extent (and maybe past the energetic chewing stage!). Sure they are past the cutesy puppy stage but its always an option!

cant wait for more puppy updates and photos!

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:16 pm

When we adopted our dog, Kita, a couple years ago, I was honest with the humane society we went through about my chronic migraines and the limitations I had. They matched us with a wonderful dog who was housebroke, smart, sensitive, calm and perfect for my husband and me. She was 6 years old when we got her, and we haven't regretted our decision ever.

She is very protective of me. My husband thinks she knows that it's her job to watch over me when I'm home alone and not feeling well.

She's a 60 lb. Australian shepherd/border collie cross, but she thinks she's a lap dog sometimes. Really a love dog. Very Happy
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Our New Puppy Empty so great!

Post  chelle8178 Tue May 01, 2012 6:58 am

Becky, I love your story! Doggies (and kitties, too) can help us so much! I had a Yorkie a few years ago that I loved so much, but we had to give her away when we moved. Now, I am able to have a dog again and am seriously considering getting another Yorkie, probably one a little older that is potty-trained already, or another dog..I miss having a dog so much!

Michelle
chelle8178
chelle8178

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Tue May 01, 2012 6:11 pm

We absolutely love little Maggie. She's already the center of our home. She's so sweet and loving and funny. I love it when she crawls up on my lap and falls asleep with her head on my shoulder.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Tue May 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Here's a video of Maggie. She hardly ever barks, except for when we vacuum. It drives her crazy and make me laugh hysterically.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down