migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dad's first Chemo

3 posters

Go down

My dad's first Chemo Empty My dad's first Chemo

Post  Stillhurtin Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:05 pm

My dad had his first of 16 Chemotherapy treatments yesterday. It was 4 1/2 hours and they used 2 different meds. He will go weekly for 16 wks. The sad part is no one can say for sure if he is stage 1 or 4 so the prognosis is very unclear. It would suck if he has less than a year and his last few months are spent bald and puking Sad

But I guess that's par for the course with lovely Cancer.

He did great tho and still has the attitude and will power of a Champ!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

My dad's first Chemo Empty Re: My dad's first Chemo

Post  kimsmom Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Jessica,

I am glad the first treatment went as well as it could for your dad. I understand the claustiphobic situation with the MRI. I had my head done in the early 1990's for my migraines. The magnet was closed. It was horrible, I felt like I was in a coffin. I just layed there and prayed for every person at work that I could think of at the time. It helped me get through it.

My best advise to you would be to keep your dad as happy as possible. Do not dwell on the negative of anything and in fact try to find humor in most things to lighten up the moment. THey say that laughter is the best medicine and I believe that happiness can help in healing.

I will keep him in my prayers as well as your whole family. Seeing his grandchildren I am sure will always bring a smile to his face. Maybe have him stop over and color or some other activity with your little one. Kids bring out the best in people.

Hugs to you,

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 am

Your dad and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, Jessica.

Becky I love you
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down