migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Botox/Insurance

3 posters

Go down

Botox/Insurance Empty Botox/Insurance

Post  Vargs07 Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:16 pm

I am new to this forum and do get migraines in short violent bursts. 24 hr/ vomiting/ blurry vision/ sensitivity to light etc..... about twice a year. However, I am not here to seek advice regarding my troubles. My girlfriend gets migraines that last for weeks/months and has had success with botox treatments in the past but we simply can't afford to dish the money out of pocket anymore.

I have been doing some poking around and have noticed that some people have used a nuero to write a prescription for botox they simply picked up and insurance covered it. I apologize if this topic has been discussed at length because I imagine everyone here has had a similar battle with an insurance company. Any other ideas on how to get this treated with Aetna insurance would be greatly appreciated.

Vargs07

Back to top Go down

Botox/Insurance Empty Re: Botox/Insurance

Post  milo Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 pm

I'm in Canada, and Health Canada just changed the product monograph and it excludes migraine, so here in Canada insurance no longer covers it.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Botox/Insurance Empty botox

Post  Norma Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:53 pm

I have had Aetna, Cigna and BCBS. None of them would cover the cost of the botox serum and it is very costly. From time to time I have been able to get the cost of the treatment itself covered, but it is by far the smaller portion of the whole cost.

Norma

Norma

Back to top Go down

Botox/Insurance Empty Re: Botox/Insurance

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum