migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did your pain start?

+7
mxgo
Mini
sailingmuffin
tortoisegirl
greent
Migrainegirl
Aly8108
11 posters

Go down

How did your pain start? Empty How did your pain start?

Post  Aly8108 Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:41 pm

How did your migraine start? Did you get one that just came and has been there ever since? Did you start having regular ones that come and go? Mine came about 3 weeks ago now that has not left yet. I'm 19.

Aly8108

Back to top Go down

How did your pain start? Empty Re: How did your pain start?

Post  Migrainegirl Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Mine started at 46. I got a bulging disk in my neck. Although they fixed the disk, I was left with headaches that became more and more frequent. Have had chronic daily migraine for 5 years now.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  greent Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:59 pm

I got viral meningitis after a trip to India three years ago and started to develop migraines soon after that didn't respond to medication. They became more and more frequent and now I'm usually in constant pain.

greent

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:21 pm

I have a condition called New Daily Persistent Headache (not migraine, although recently I think I've had a few episodes). 5 or 6 years ago I got a sudden onset 24/7 headache that never went away.

For a new sudden onset daily headache (and actually any new symptoms), definitely go see your doctor and try to get a diagnosis. It likely isn't a migraine as its quite rare to get one that lasts that long without a history (more likely caused by something else, or a condition such as Chronic Daily Headache or New Daily Persistent Headache). There may be some meds to try like an antibiotic or steroid or Triptan to break it, or causes to explore.

I'm 25 and mine started at 19 so I can relate to how scary it can be. There is no reason to jump to any conclusions that its anything scary. It may help your doctor if you think back if you started any meds or had any life changes at that time. The most common types of migraines are those that last a period of hours and they come more infrequently, but some people (more highly represented online) get them very often or severe. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi All,

I got my first migraine at age 12.

I would then get 3-4 a year- most lasting anywheree from a few hours to eight days.

On Oct. 28, 1997, I got a migraine and it just hasn't gone away. I have had two brief periods of remission- each lasting about eight months- the first after radiofrequency to the neck, the second after implantation of an occipital nerve stimulator (which has really helped.) I was diagnosed first with chronic intractable migraine and then with New Daily Persistent Headache. It is hard to believe that in a few weeks, I will have been fighting this for fourteen years.

I've treid everything. But the combo that seems to help most is Tylenol 3, Klonopin and benedryl for the bad ones, decadron for really bad ones, and IV depakan for the horrific ones.

Don't give up. There is lots of hope and a wealth of information here.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Mine started when I was a child. But then they were called headaches. They were not very intense, but often triggered by certain smells, like smoke, or incense. When travelling longer distance I always ended up with headache. I often felt sick, and faint and also suffered from the light sensitivity and sun and heat were always bad trigger for me.

Only later, when I was in my 30's I was properly diagnosed as having migraine ( first by a friend, who was a doctor and then by a neurologist). I was also told that my childhood "headaches" were migraines, as well.

Over decades my migraine took many different forms and often changed in some subtle ways, but it feels as if I have lived with migraine all my life.

Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:50 pm

My chronic daily headaches started at 10:30 AM on Dec 5, 2006. I had been suffering with very stiff muscles for about 3 years, which I think was due to long term statin use. About two or three months, before the headache headache started, I had some stomach problems and other health issues.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

How did your pain start? Empty martin

Post  gailgigi Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:52 pm

you post the best photos!
gailgigi
gailgigi

Back to top Go down

Post  carlajo Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Everyone-

My migraines started at age 5 after a head injury in a car accident that also shattered both of my femurs. I remember going to the Nurse's Office in Elementary school, as young as 2nd grade, asking for my medicine and her getting down my bottle of Tylenol 3 for me.

I also had a secondary injury (fall from bars in gymnastics) as well as a teriary (sp?) (fell during cheerleading-stunting on the gym floor)...I did notice they increased in severity and frequency after both falls.

I literally don't remember a time where I wasn't "hurting." Thank you for letting me share.

Hugs from Nebraska,
carlajo:)

carlajo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 am

I had a migraine for 2 months straight during my pregnacy. I was in my mid-late twenties. Then they came back with vengence in my mid-late late thirties. I have them constant now. Migraines run in my family.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  LittlePitt Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:23 am

Hello together!

I started my migrain with 11. Now it's starting in my neck an then it goes across the back of my head into
the temporal. Then it begins to the well known throbbing pain.

Sincerely Peter

LittlePitt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down