migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Brain Wider Than The Sky

3 posters

Go down

A Brain Wider Than The Sky Empty A Brain Wider Than The Sky

Post  Matilda Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:09 am

I was recently looking at the iPhone Apps for Headache diaries and stumbled across this book by Andrew Levy, A Brain Wider Than the Sky (A Migraine Diary).

http://www.amazon.com/Brain-Wider-Than-Sky-Migraine/dp/B00381B85O/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0

I downloaded the Sample from iTunes to my iPhone and I am definately going to buy this book and read it. I have only read the Sample 70 pages so far but I was definately intrigued.

Has anyone else read the full book? It's great to see a book from someone who suffers as opposed to a Self-Help manual.

Matilda

Back to top Go down

A Brain Wider Than The Sky Empty Re: A Brain Wider Than The Sky

Post  Jewishmother Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:55 am

I read his book earlier this year (found it at a local used book store) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely worth the time. He writes a lot about the impact of his pain on his wife and son and also it was interesting to read about a man's experience with migraines. The other book I enjoyed that my doc suggested was called, My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor. My aura symptoms are very stroke-like and I could relate very well to some of her experiences. Currently I am reading, The Chronic Illness Experience by Cheri Register which is giving me a lot to think about as I am still trying to wrap my life around my daily migraines.

I find that memoirs like Andrew Levy's really help me feel less alone and also less crazy..........hope you enjoy the book!
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Picked this book up today and am looking forward to reading it. Thanks for mentioning it!

-C

Chucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down