iPhone Headache Diary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

iPhone Headache Diary

Post  WHIiPhoneApp on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:38 am

An interdisciplinary team lead by Drs. Patrick McGrath and Anna Huguet and from the Centre for Research in Family Health at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada is currently developing a distance psychosocial intervention for adolescents and young adults with recurrent headaches. This intervention, called the Wireless Headache Intervention, (WHI) will uniquely be delivered entirely over the iPhone and the computer.

We are now testing one of components of this program: the iPhone headache diary. Headache diaries can be very helpful to headache sufferers to help notice trends and patterns related to your pain.

If you want to learn more about your headaches you can with this new iPhone application. The app has a pain diary that allows you to conveniently track your headaches and provide you with helpful reports.

If you would like to learn more about our study, send a reply and I can give you more information!
avatar
WHIiPhoneApp

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-09-08
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia

http://www.crfh.ca/whi

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhone Headache Diary

Post  Migrainegirl on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:55 pm

I am interested in your iPhone app for a headache diary.

While there are several tools that can be used for logging headaches and medications, I've found they suffer from one main problem: The ability to print them out to provide to my doctor so he can see how I'm doing over the various months with different treatments.

For this reason I've been using Excel and Numbers on the iPad. It's simple and I can create nice charts that visibly show how I'm doing. I can also print it for my doctor prior to appointments. Does your app do this?
avatar
Migrainegirl

Posts : 999
Join date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Interest in iPhone Headache Diary study

Post  WHIiPhoneApp on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:44 am

Thank you very much for your interest in our research!

You are right that an error in many headache tools have, is not having the ability to print out the reports to provide the information to your doctor.

Because we are in the testing stage, the diary is currently available only on the iPhone. The app provides reports that, at this stage, can only be viewed through the phone. From the feedback that we receive through this testing stage, we will further develop the diary. Printable reports including graphs and statistics are being created for our second version.

If you are interested in participating in our study and trying out our current diary, please go to the website that is provided on our profile. This will provide you with more information about our research and the app.

Thanks again for your interest and your comments.

Migrainegirl wrote:I am interested in your iPhone app for a headache diary.

While there are several tools that can be used for logging headaches and medications, I've found they suffer from one main problem: The ability to print them out to provide to my doctor so he can see how I'm doing over the various months with different treatments.

For this reason I've been using Excel and Numbers on the iPad. It's simple and I can create nice charts that visibly show how I'm doing. I can also print it for my doctor prior to appointments. Does your app do this?
avatar
WHIiPhoneApp

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-09-08
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia

http://www.crfh.ca/whi

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhone Headache Diary

Post  pen on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:54 pm

I would be interested as well please.
Have several supposed aps for pain and headaches, but not found one to really hit the spot yet.


Thanks.

pen

Posts : 2711
Join date : 2009-12-04
Location : London. UK

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhone Headache Diary

Post  WHIiPhoneApp on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:49 am

Hello! Thank you for your interest. To check out our study please follow the website link shown in our profile or the image to the right of this post. The website is represented by the image of the world. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Thanks!

pen wrote:I would be interested as well please.
Have several supposed aps for pain and headaches, but not found one to really hit the spot yet.


Thanks.
avatar
WHIiPhoneApp

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-09-08
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia

http://www.crfh.ca/whi

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhone Headache Diary

Post  Migrainegirl on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Sorry, when I look at your profile there is no link. Please post it on this thread. Thanks!
avatar
Migrainegirl

Posts : 999
Join date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhone Headache Diary

Post  WHIiPhoneApp on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:02 am

Thanks again for your interest! The link to our web page is under contact information, and clicking on the image of the world should take you there.

Some forums do not permit outside links to be posted within the content of the discussions, so I have been avoiding this in case the discussion gets removed. However, (hopefully this won't be removed), our link providing more information about the research study is: www.crfh.ca/whi you can also email us with any questions at wireless.headache@gmail.com

Thanks!

Migrainegirl wrote:Sorry, when I look at your profile there is no link. Please post it on this thread. Thanks!
avatar
WHIiPhoneApp

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-09-08
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia

http://www.crfh.ca/whi

Back to top Go down

Interested, but my daughter has a Samsung SmartPhone

Post  ALittleLoopy on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm fortunate that at the moment my migraines are pretty stable, but my daughter is having MAJOR problems with hers. She's hospitalized right now for an intractable migraine. Back to this topic, this sounds like a great tool. Is it available to other smartphones than the iPhone? If not, are you thinking about creating a version for other systems, or smartphones? Thanks!
avatar
ALittleLoopy

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-10-15
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhone Headache Diary

Post  WHIiPhoneApp on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:36 pm

ALittleLoopy wrote:I'm fortunate that at the moment my migraines are pretty stable, but my daughter is having MAJOR problems with hers. She's hospitalized right now for an intractable migraine. Back to this topic, this sounds like a great tool. Is it available to other smartphones than the iPhone? If not, are you thinking about creating a version for other systems, or smartphones? Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your daughter's migraines, it must be difficult as a migraine sufferer yourself to see her also have to constantly deal with them. We wish you both the best.

The diary is currently only available on the iPhone. However, one of our long term goals is to be able to have it available across platforms. Because we are still in the development stage, we are starting off with one device and hoping to expand to other types in the future. Thanks for your interest! Feel free to contact us with any further questions.
avatar
WHIiPhoneApp

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-09-08
Location : Halifax, Nova Scotia

http://www.crfh.ca/whi

Back to top Go down

Re: iPhone Headache Diary

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum