migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back With A Vengeance

3 posters

Go down

Back With A Vengeance Empty Back With A Vengeance

Post  Olee Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Not me, my migraines! Well, I'm back too, but unfortunately so are my migraines. I haven't posted in quite some time, although I have visited from time to time.

For the past few years things have been usual, about 2 problem migraines per week, and the rest headaches that go away with an excedrin. The migraines would occur all times of the day, upon waking up, at the end of the work day, etc. So there never has been a rhyme or reason to them. I would take my 50mg of Topamax 3 times daily and either take Excedrin to rid myself of them or Vicodin when it was a really harsh one that needed the guns.

About a week ago I had one come on that has not stopped. It has lowered with intensity but also come back and pushed so hard I thought I would pass out. I was doing some physical activity when it started and now any type of straining to pick up anything causes immense pain. I endured a preseason game of my fav NFL team only because I had free tix, when usually I would have been screaming like crazy. My one moment of even keel was Monday after 4 Excedrin and meditation. I used that time to take my wife to the movies as promised. Then it was back to meds again and pillows over the head. Luckily I have been off from work this week and went to see my DR. He asked questions about whether or not the symptoms were similar to my usual migraines. I had to think and then said yes and no. The sensitivity to light is not as strong, but my vision is blurry. My face feels numb at times and I have vomited which is usual. So Yes and No.

He increased my Topamax from 150mg per day to 200mg per day, and also prescribed 3 doses of something I have never taken, Dexamethasone. Of course he sent the nurse back in with the prescriptions and never explained what this med was, so I looked it up at home. I am reading that it's 4 times stronger than prednisone, man my wife is going to love my attitude and my insomnia! I was on the fence about even taking it, just from experiences of these drugs with treating my asthma, but I can't take this migraine any longer. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Last edited by Olee on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Back With A Vengeance Empty Re: Back With A Vengeance

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Olee, sorry to hear you woes. I know we can all relate. I hope you find some relief soon. If not, keep going back until something works. Having suffered through a lot of bad reactions to drugs, Iv'e learned to speak up quickly if something is causing problems. You don't want to end up with breathing problems on top of the migraines!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:06 am

Olee, I would like to read your post. but was unable to read it becasue, like many migraneours I was not able to read such a large block of print.

So, I wonder if you can re-edit the text,t by dividing it into few smaller paragraphs, so we can read it more easily. Thank you.

I hope you did not mind my mentioning it. Nice to see you back again.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down