migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same nightmare every night, for 2.5 years now

4 posters

Go down

Same nightmare every night, for 2.5 years now Empty Same nightmare every night, for 2.5 years now

Post  gopher7252 Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 am

Hi all,
It's been several months since I've been on here, so first of all I just want to say, Hello!
I hope everyone had a good summer, and for those of you below the equator I hope it wasn't too cold.
From the time my morning memory loss began I remember having the same horrible nightmare every night. At the time I thought I was actually going insane from paranoia or something like that. Anyways, does anyone have a similar thing, or know if the nightmare is possibly linked to the migraine?

gopher7252

Back to top Go down

Same nightmare every night, for 2.5 years now Empty Re: Same nightmare every night, for 2.5 years now

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:00 pm

No, I don't think that is usual or related to migraine. A repeated dream or nightmare is usually something your brain is trying deal with. If it's been going on this long I would recommend seeing a therapist to get to bottom of what is troubling you. It does not seem that it is likely to go away on it's own at this point.

I should also point out some medications can produce nightmares. So you may also want to think about what you are taking and when you started taking it as another possibility.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Same nightmare every night, for 2.5 years now Empty Re: Same nightmare every night, for 2.5 years now

Post  Kris Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:56 am

Hi,

I had repeated dream [not exactly nightmare] as a kid for so many years until teenage.
I would be dreaming of some odd thing and it always converges into this flight in the sky for a bit.
Then it is the fall to ground which is scary and wakes me up every time!

I recently read it has a specific interpretation - it means the insecure feeling of fall in someone's esteem. might have been parents,peers, academics , sports etc etc

hope this helps.

cheers
Kris

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post  ALittleLoopy Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:11 pm

I was just diagnosed with Narcolepsy (sleep disorder) and one of the things that can occur are very vivid and detailed nightmares that occur nightly. (Since that wasn't an issue for me I skipped most of that reading) Anyway, maybe a sleep study would be useful? Just trying to toss in ideas. There are many sleep disorders, and this sounds like it is in that area. Good luck!!
ALittleLoopy
ALittleLoopy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down