migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weird migraine

3 posters

Go down

weird migraine Empty weird migraine

Post  Kate Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:18 am

Yesterday I started to get a migraine which got progressively worse by 9pm(nothing knew). The pain was around the forehead area and from my temples all away across on the top of my head. Normaly when I go to bed early with these things I'm ok during the night. This m was so excruciating that I woke up at 12:30 A.M to take Advil and drink some coffee. At this point I was starting to vomit. Thankfully after an hour and a half the pain started to subside a little.

This morning(so far) the m is more bareable but I can feel weirdness in my face and the migraine is mostly in the same area. I also am still feeling waves of nausia. I can't stand smells of any kind.

The weird part is how excruciating it got and were it was located. I haven't had a m this bad in a long time. I've had them in the forehead before but I can't remember around the top of my head to the temples. My migraines change from time to time so I'm sure this is unfortunately another change in the m.

Anybody else experience pain around the temples and on top of the head?

Kate

Back to top Go down

weird migraine Empty Re: weird migraine

Post  Kate Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:34 am

Now I'm feeling this weird pressure in front of my forehead. Anyone experience this?

I hope this doesn't go balistic again...Crap....

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:01 pm

Hello Kate,

A little late with my reponse - I hope you are feeling a little better - 4 days later....

I have certainly felt my Migraine in the same areas of the face that you mentioned - last time I had a bad episode (such as the one you described) I vomitted 15 times in 5 hours - finally mid-morning I was able to keep my medication down, which helped enough to take the edge off that was causing the nausea. Took a couple days to snap out of my post migraine haze / depression.

Did you finally end up getting relief? Was it time, medication, or.....?

-Christina

Chucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 am

Hi Christina, I got some relief after taking the Advil and coffee during the episode. That was the only time I took anything. At the end of that day, I started to feel better. The waves of nausia I had throughout the day.

And of course I still have a m just not as excruciating(thankfully) as it was on sunday.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  mamak Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:14 pm

I've also had the "waking me up in the middle of the night" ones, but thankfully, not often. Mine are usually on my right side, though, and I usually wake up so disoriented, at first I think I'm having a stroke and start to panic. I soon figure out what's going on and take my medication sublingually, which helps it work much quicker.

mamak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down