migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your guilty pleasures?

+13
lesherb
Ivy
kimsmom
AuntieBubbs
nursebeth
tecky
Brenda
Stillhurtin
crt
Almostangela
alli
LG
Paradox
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are your guilty pleasures? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your guilty pleasures?

Post  LG Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:11 pm

I don't know Charlotte, Bridget was way better than Kendra on TGND. Loved that show. Definitely another guilty pleasure on my list! Didn't like Holly though, she was too bratty.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

What are your guilty pleasures? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your guilty pleasures?

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Yes, Brigdet was my favorite. Much prettier and very sweet. Didn't like Kendra as much on TGND, but love her on her new show.

I agree about Holly, just seemed out of it, and so older than she really was.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Paradox - I may make Chanel #5 bath oil my indulgence. That is the perfume I use. I'm getting my bathroom remodeled. That would be a good bathroom warming present "if it isn't too expensive".

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:03 am

Oh yeah,

and horror flicks!!! LOVE 'em!!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  LillianLovato27 Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:27 pm

paradox wrote:Yes, Brigdet was my favorite. Much prettier and very sweet. Didn't like Kendra as much on TGND, but love her on her new show.

I agree about Holly, just seemed out of it, and so older than she really was.

Ooo, I forgot about the girls from TGND. I've only seen Kendra:Here comes baby. That was cute. I am not a fan of Holly, but I liked Bridget. There was an episode that she thought the mansion was haunted, lol. I agree Bridget is much prettier and sweet Very Happy
LillianLovato27
LillianLovato27

Back to top Go down

What are your guilty pleasures? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you guilty pleasures?

Post  Cindy*W Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:02 pm

For sure tabloids are one. Even though when hubby sees me reading them he tells me what a waste of money they are and asks me why I care what any of those people are doing. When they called this year to renew my subscription to "OK" magazine I so wanted to say NO! But something inside just wouldn't let me. Rolling Eyes

Number two would be reality shows. I know some of them are down right silly, but I will still sit there watching. ie: TGND, Tough Love, Millionaire Matchmaker....I know, I know!

Number three: Coke. I tell myself every week that I am going to drink more water, but guess what? I don't! (I really need to kick that habit!) Wink

I know I must have many more, but can't think right now. Will let you all know if i think of anymore. Very interesting subject.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:42 am

Paradox - I may make Chanel #5 bath oil my indulgence. That is the perfume I use. I'm getting my bathroom remodeled. That would be a good bathroom warming present "if it isn't too expensive".

Here's the link for the Bath Oil. http://uma.chanel.com/-fragrances-for-her-chanel-n05-n05-bath-and-body-chanel-n05-essential-bath-oils-/product/FWN05150?wt.mc_n=psearch&gclid=CNb6orvGv58CFQdl4wodR1Wl0Q

I live in a pretty rural community and though I can find the perfume, I've had problems getting the bath oil for the past couple years.

It's $50 for 6.8 oz. I also like to take a little and rub on my neck for perfume. It lingers a bit longer and I get many compliments on it. Whenever I take a bath with it, hubby wanders in and says 'MMMmm, a chanel bath!" It makes the whole downstairs smell nice.

It's a little different from the perfume, I can't describe exactly how, but it is just as lovely.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:48 am

800 threadcount sheets

Nursebeth,

Do you have a particular brand you like? I adore high count sheets, but lately the ones I've been getting still pill, which drives me insane. When I'm migraining I get hypersensitive with anything tactile. Necklaces are too heavy, forget rings. Sheets with pills send me over the edge. What a Face

Also, my guest room has a antique 3/4 bed. I have a hard time finding 3/4 sheet in anything higher than a 250 count. Any sources?

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  nursebeth Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:34 am

The latest set of 800 sheets i got were Country Living brand, very nice and heavy so far are washing up well.
ooohhhh i would think that 3/4 beds are nearly impossible to find high threadcount sheet for! Maybe you could get full size sheets and use those elastic suspender like things to pull them tight??
nursebeth
nursebeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:57 am

Maybe you could get full size sheets and use those elastic suspender like things to pull them tight??

I've done that for years, even tailoring them and sewing on the elastic, plus using the suspender thingies. It still doesn't give the fit I like. Boo.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:31 pm

Ice cream
Diet Coke
Spending money I don't have on BOOKS - (I keep Amazon in business...)

Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Charlotte, you might be able to find your bath oil cheaper on Ebay.

Ditto on your sheets. It's worth a look. Smile Try overstock.com for the sheets, too.

Used booksellers on Amazon can save you money, or used bookstores if you have them in your town. I love books and can't afford to buy new books any more. I went to a great used book store this past weekend, it's run by the public library in the next city over. 50 cents for a used mass market paperback, 2 to 4 dollars for other books. I got 5 books for $9, including a kid's book for my nephew that looks brand new for $4.

I love reality TV, but I'm trying not to feel guilty about it Very Happy I don't watch the "trashier" reality shows though, just Survivor, Top Chef, Project Runway, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Big Brother. Well, Big Brother is pretty trashy, LOL.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

What are your guilty pleasures? - Page 2 Empty guilty pleasures

Post  crt Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:05 pm

How did I not mention this? Flying is my #1 guilty pleasure, not because I think there is anything wrong with it but because we don't have the money. So I don't indulge. Not that it's not a powerful temptation! Every time we go by a small airport, I think, "Oh why not? I'll just throw the credit card down and we'll rent a plane for a few hours." whine, whine

I love flying so much. More than food, music, art which are all important to me. In fact flying is right up there with sex. I don't usually think of flying as a guilty pleasure unless I spend money on it that needs to go somewhere else, like a house payment or a medical bill.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 pm

I have gotten books for 1 cent, plus $3.99 shipping from Amazon associated sellers. And if I ever had a problem (Hardly ever) Amazon took the charge off, no questions asked.

I also like the "higher quality" reality shows (higher to me, at least) like Survivor and Amazing Race. But my guilty pleasure there is Hell's Kitchen and anything else with Gordon Ramsey in it. Smile

Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 pm

I love high thread count sheets, too. Sadly, I can't afford to indulge so I have a mismatched set (a darkish ecru fitted sheet with an ivory top sheet).

And AuntBubbie, scones are the best! My grandmother used to make fried scones (sounds awful but they taste very much like oven scones, but were not as thick). Clotted cream is to die for....literally, I bet!

I don't like reality shows. I used to like Extreme Makeover: Home Edition but I can't stand it anymore. When I was young (in my teens and 20s) I loved The Star and The National Enquirer. My sister has subscribed me to Newsweek for at least 20 years because of that. She wanted me to be informed.

So along with Newsweek, I get Real Simple and for some reason, Better Homes and Gardens (not a particular favorite of mine). I'd like to have a subscription to Mother Jones or the Utne Reader but, then again, those things cost money.

Hubby is cooking dinner tonight......that's a big guilty pleasure of mine. I feel guilty that he is cooking after working all day but then I think, he wouldn't do it if he didn't want to do it!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2