migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone...

+5
crt
tecky
Stillhurtin
LG
02R96
9 posters

Go down

I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone... Empty I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone...

Post  02R96 Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 am

I’ve been fighting a long lasting headache all week. Compounding my problems I developed a chest cold with the usual coughing, sore throat, etc. The coughing was the worst. It made my brain feel like it was rattling around in my head. I could not sleep last night and when finally I did woke up at 8am with a 10! I haven’t had one like that in a long time. My god the pain was crushing!

So I called my PCP’s office to get a refill on my Norco (three day's early). I explained my situation; I maxed out on my Imitrex injections, and the only other meds I have are NSAID’s which don’t even touch something like this. So who’s in the office today? Yeah, my favorite: Dr. Denial.

So by 10:30 I still haven’t heard anything so I call again and the receptionist checks and found he denied it and has me waiting until Monday for my PCP. WTF am I supposed to do for the next two day’s? I cannot afford 80-100 bucks to go to the emergency room, which there is a good chance I’ll end up there.

So I called the phone nurse to try to appeal (I only need 5 or 6 until Monday), but it’s 11:57 and no call back yet. I don’t even know if anyone is there; I could only get voice mail. I’m really not expecting a call back.

OK yeah, I’m a drug seeker. I seeking drugs to stop this headache and allow me to have a life.

Damn I hate that guy. Does he really think he's helping me? @#$%^&* Evil or Very Mad
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone... Empty Re: I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone...

Post  LG Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:49 am

Last time, didn't you talk to him and he filled your script? Maybe you can try and get him
on the phone instead of talking to the receptionist.

I feel your ER situation. I hate when they aren't around or wont give you your meds
and you feel like this, but don't have the extra $100 to go to the ER. Plus, just sitting in the
waiting room to get treated is horrendous and puts me off to going each time. All the lights and
beeping, paging ect...Our wait is horrible to be seen unless your dying or close to it, so I usually
sit at home and wait it out in excrutiating pain.

Sorry. If I lived closer, I'd help you out. Hope your doc calls soon with an answer.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone... Empty Re: I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone...

Post  Stillhurtin Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:58 am

Dan,

I wish I could wrap up 5 of mine in this post and hit send! I am sorry you are in pain. If he blows you off, the ER may be neccessary.

Good Luck Buddy !
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Dan,

I'd gladly share some of mine, but it would probably take a week to get to you.

Dr. Denial could at least give a few pills. What a jerk!

Just a random thought.....did you try your pharmacy to see if they would give you a few pill to last until Monday when you see the doctor? Mine sometimes will do that.

Hang in there. I'm praying for you.

Becky Mad
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone... Empty who isn't impatient with a throbbing head?

Post  crt Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Dan,

I hope you got some help without having to go the ER. No one should have to suffer like that, least of all a good person like you.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone... Empty I have the same problem at times.

Post  Cindy*W Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Dan,

I know exactly how you feel. I can't tell you how many times I have a #7 and my doctor is not in. Now mind you there are 3 other doctors in Family Practice but rarely can I get any help from any of them.

They always give me the story that they are uncomfortable giving me what he does, so I will just have to either wait for him to get back or go to the ER and spend $150.00!

They won't OK refills either regardless of what the medication is. Makes it very difficult for me at times.

He and I have discussed this on many occassions and he agrees with me that it is ridiculous when they can pull my file and see what he gives me and how frequently. Of course he can't force them to do something they don't choose to do.

So...i feel for you. Don't know what the answer is though.

Hope you are feeling much better. Smile

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm still alive... Shocked

lovegia - That was the one and only time he ever filled a script for me. Must have been the holiday spirit or something. Now it's back to the standard M.O.

I did get a call from the phone nurse, so I had a chance to explain the situation (maxed on Imitrex, only have NSAID's, cant afford an ER trip etc.). I even asked for just a few to get me through the week end. The nurse told me it will probably still be no. And it was.

I slept for 4 1/2 hours this afternoon. Now I'm back to battling the reoccurring headaches with what ever I can find.

So I ask which is worse: Eating handful's of pills that only marginally work (risking a GI bleed), or one or two Norco's? It doesn't make sense to me.

ADDENDUM - My wife pointed out that (even though he's Chief of Staff), he's probably just following the pain management plan my PCP has set up for me. I suppose if that's true, it does make a bit of sense but come on; 4 -6 pills get get through the weekend?

I guess I'm just frustrated beyond belief... scratch confused Suspect No
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi,

I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time right now. It is also possible that your doctor won't call in pain medications after hours or on weekends. I would definitely call your dr on Monday, just to make sure that he got the message and can call it in then. I really hate it when doctors don't respond to things quickly. From what you posted earlier, it seems to me that you have several options:
1. Try to hang in there until Monday. A cool, dark room, icepacks, and some sort of distration usualh helps me.

2. Call your dr's answerng service and ask to speak to the dr on call-explain the situation and see if he has any ideas.

3. If you get to the point where you can't stand it anymore, then go to the ER. (though I would suggest speaking with the on call dr. Before you go- this way, he might be able to send some orders for Iv meds to the ER.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:28 pm

I really appreciate all of the support from everyone here.

If I can make it through tomorrow I'll be good. Right now I'm doing my own version of biofeedback. I'm listening to my favorite music and distracting my mind from the pain. Music has always been my escape and today is no different. Ha, I wish I could really rock out but not today. I think I'll keep the volume a little lower. Very Happy
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Maybe you can talk to your PCP about the situation when you consult him Monday or the next time you are in for an office visit? Tell him you need a better contingency plan for those times you run out of effective pain meds, and that the ER is not financially an option for you?

Hope you can cope ok today. GL
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Well now I know what's up with myself. I feel like shit. I mean really feel like shit. Hard coughing, sore as hell throat, aches all over, oh yeah and of course a 7 that won't go away.

I've been eating APAP, IB, Tramadol, any thing I can get my hands on to try to control the pain. My liver must be crying uncle by now. I have officially been run over by a bus.

Tomorrow I should be able to get my Norco. I can't wait for some kind of relief.

Oh BTW - I have a phone interview for a job at 11:45am. God has a funny sense of timing doesn't he?
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:42 am

Dan,
I am sympathetic with you.
When it rains, it pours...
I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that this horrible experience will soon end Smile
Take care
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 am

Hang in there, Dan. It's finally Monday, and I hope the neuro gives you something immediately to help with the pain you've been enduring.

Good luck on your phone interview. Hope the pain is controlled before then. Smile.

Please take care, flower

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

I'm really, really, really beginning to hate someone... Empty but it is a holiday

Post  crt Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:14 pm

I hope Dan got some help today, but many offices are closed because it's a holiday. Do I dare ask? How are you today, Dan?

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Dan...
Hope you got some relief.
How did the job interview go?
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down