migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horriic M after two relatively good weeks- not sure what to do

2 posters

Go down

Horriic M after two relatively good weeks- not sure what to do Empty Horriic M after two relatively good weeks- not sure what to do

Post  sailingmuffin Sun May 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi All,

Well, I had two good weeks- with relatively little fainting and bearable migraines, but of course the crash is upon me.

I did relatively well for the two weeks leading up to Easter and for the early part of tis week. I am not sure what caused this particular crash. I know part of it could be the weather. However, it has been a very difficult week dealing with some family issues and doing a lot. I was able to really enjoy the Beach for Easter, join a new Bible study, and be there when my parents needed me last week- we had some family issues to deal with.

On Thursday morning, the headache and fainting struck again in full force. The headache level has been hovering between a 9-9.5 ever since. The speech problems have also been bad over the past few days. It seems like everytime I have moved, I have fainted. It is very frustrating. I just finished a course of steroids, which hasn't helped as much as it should. I am not quite sure what to do. It is a little early for another IV of Depakan- my neuro only likes to give them every four to six weeks and the last one was about 2 weeks ago. Though I will call and see if we can do something about this. Right now, Tylenol 3, Klonopin, and Benedryl every four hours are helping some, but that is about all. I am just not sure what to do now. I know my parents are also concerened about the increased fainting. I just hate having to pay for good times with horrible times, but I know the good days make it worth it.

I'd love any ideas or suggestions.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Horriic M after two relatively good weeks- not sure what to do Empty Re: Horriic M after two relatively good weeks- not sure what to do

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon May 02, 2011 5:25 am

Sorry to hear you have gone back to feeling so bad. But, how nice that you got 2 good weeks. I think we all struggle with doing too much when we feel better. Then the bad part is even worse because we remember what we are missing. I dont have any suggestions I am sorry to say. Just prayers for a return of your good days.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Horriic M after two relatively good weeks- not sure what to do Empty Re: Horriic M after two relatively good weeks- not sure what to do

Post  sailingmuffin Tue May 03, 2011 9:53 am

Hi All,

Yes, I am also thankful for two good weeks.

I am kind of stuck right now though- the pain and fainting have been so bad that I haven't been able to function normally- well, normally for me. I spoke with my neurologist's office about it this morning. The nurse is going to talk to my neurologist and see if we can do something to break it- either an IV of Depakan or a course of steroids to break the headache. I hope that it works. If we do the IV, it will probably be next week- which is fine. I would like to get it done before my mother has surgery for her back in two weeks.

I just want this headache to get better and I am not sure what to do. Thanks for letting me vent.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down