migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Biggest Loser....

2 posters

Go down

The Biggest  Loser.... Empty The Biggest Loser....

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:27 pm

Any fans of this show?

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/

My daughter likes it, and I got hooked recently along with her Smile

One thing though, I wonder if any of you believe that you - and I mean your personally -
can get past the moment of severe exhaustion, vomiting during exercising.
That it's simply a lack of healthy condition and weak endurance that has to be strengthened with time, consistency and discipline.

Because for me- it's painful to even look at them straining like that! I think it would have killed me not helped me.
When it is obvious one is sick not with effort but with a true disease that prevents a healthy exercising?

Risa

CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

The Biggest  Loser.... Empty Re: The Biggest Loser....

Post  marion Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Having the pressure of a camera in front of you would certainly be motivating.

What I have never understood is the truly huge people who are confined to bed. Sometimes you hear horror stories of doors having to be removed to get people out of bedrooms they are so large. SO WHO FEEDS THEM???

If they can't get out of bed someone must be bringing food to them. And as my husband always wants to know - who wipes their bum? That is the part I find unfathomable, that a supposedly caring family member is contributing to their hell and positively relishing having a victim at their mercy.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:53 pm

That is not the worst part, Marion.

I have watched a TV shows where people were in the hospital on a diet and exercise regime
(like, pulling themselves up a few times daily on the pulley system)
and still the staff was finding forbidden food like candy, chocolate bars, empty fast food containers, and the likes.

Who brought that? usually a member of family but friends, too who "couldn't stand their suffering" and "but they love to eat".

THIS is I can't fathom. Here is their loved one DYING of obesity, some barely survived a cardiac arrests
and whatnot, and they still GET FED with what they are not supposed to eat?!

Beats me... Evil or Very Mad

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Oops, I think this thread went quite a wrong way, oh no.

I truly and deeply believe overeating especially to the point of having to be put into hospital is a matter of addiction and also comprise of many complicated psychological and social matters among others which is pretty much self-explanatory in regards why would someone continue to eat against medical advice, and it's extremely difficult to treat.
Also, while it's easy to judge from aside, I do know from watching these and other shows how difficult it is to refuse anything be it food or alcohol etc to someone close to you if they beg you constantly for it.
Lets end this at that.

But The Biggest Loser is not about that.
I like TBL very much because I find it truly inspirational, inspiring and exciting show.
One would think what could be interesting about a bunch of people just exercising and then weighing themselves week after week - but it is!
I root for every and each of them and wish no one would have to fall below the yellow line and get voted off the team, but - without that, naturally there would be no point to the show.
Still it is very heartbreaking when that happens.

My main point of this thread was though is - I wonder, WHERE these people get the energy from?
Because when I see how they are pushing themselves more and more and more I think "Gosh, I don't think I have it in me even if I truly wanted to".
Am I just lazy, or am I truly someone sick, or someone who just doesn't want to get out of a comfort zone?

When I was younger I did exercised at times - I tried jogging, taekwondo, going to the gym, etc
and back then I remember even if I was tired and exhausted it didn't hurt as much.
Nowadays I can go two, three days without having shower or bath, staying all day in pajamas
and wonder- is it because precisely I do nothing so as they say: "don't use it and lose it"
or I don't feel like showering anymore because I have no strength anymore?
In simpler words - what's first - the chicken or the egg?

Sorry for the brevity I don't feel very well.
what a surprise..

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:39 pm

I don't think it went the wrong way at all Risa.

I have been with alcholics when "friends" have plied them with having "just one".

It's all terribly strange. We as a society do very weird things to each other.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum