migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to get away too

4 posters

Go down

Where to get away too Empty Where to get away too

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Hubby and I have both been feeling blue and would like to run away from home for 4-5 days. We both love the ocean, and hubby needs somewhere warm. We're on a budget, so Atlantis is out ( boy I would LOVE to go there!).

We would prefer to fly. Any recommendations?
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Where to get away too Empty Re: Where to get away too

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:55 pm

P.S. Hubby does not have a passport
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:58 am

My favorite beach is Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (I discovered it while I was in the Air Force), though it would still be chilly at this time of year.

While not ocean, and definately cold at this time of year, another fun beach is at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore / Indiana Dunes State Park, Indiana.

For a warmer beach you might try one somewhere along the Texas gulf coast, or else there is always Florida; San Diego, California might be another possibility.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:17 am

Omg, we were discussing Myrtle Beach....lol. Maybe that's where we're meant to go.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:25 am

It is cold there this time of year. North Myrtle is nice. South Myrtle is VERY commercial and built up. My FAVORITE is nearby Pawleys Island. It is very mellow. No high rises and chain restaurants. Nearby Litchfield is nice. More commercial but also more shops and restaurants. I would wait till late spring early summer.

It is beautiful in the Florida Keys this time of year Smile I have never been, but I dream about it all the time!
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:17 am

What about skipping the ocean and heading to Vegas. Maybe we could meet you there if the surgeries don't get in the way. Wink
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Of course the town of Myrtle Beach has probably changed, since the last time that I was there was in the early eighties. It is the beach itself that I love, such as found at the state park.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:17 pm

That would be fun Milo, but my folks used to live in Vegas, and hubby and I have been Vegased to death. Plus, I always get sad when I fly in and Mom and Dad aren't there to pick me up at the airport. Sad

Hubby likes the idea of the Keys, as do I. But I think we'll save our pennies and do it next year when we get tickets further in advance.

Maybe we'll just do a short overnight stay somewhere, just to get away.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum