migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

now that's a headache, not a migraine

3 posters

Go down

now that's a headache, not a migraine Empty now that's a headache, not a migraine

Post  crt Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Howdy,

At work I whacked my head on a cabinet. Filed a work accident report, just in case. I think I'm OK, but I'd like to be covered. It's 2 hours after I hit my head. The injury site hurts, but mildly. Or maybe because I'm so accustomed to crushing migraines, this doesn't seem like much. "Oh, so this is what a headache feels like." Cake compared to a migraine. Now I hope this injury headache doesn't trigger a migraine because I'm being so light-hearted about it.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

now that's a headache, not a migraine Empty Re: now that's a headache, not a migraine

Post  AZgirl Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Chris:

How's the noggin today?
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

now that's a headache, not a migraine Empty it seems fine

Post  crt Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks for asking and it seems fine. However, I have been reading up on head injuries and how symptoms might not show up for days or longer. I know what to look for and I am going to the hospital it any of those symptoms show up. Natasha Richardson thought she was OK too, and then she died.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

now that's a headache, not a migraine Empty Re: now that's a headache, not a migraine

Post  LG Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:02 pm

I did that one time. Okay, well maybe a few times more than once Laughing I'm really clumsy.

I have a cabinet above my dishwasher that I leave open while I'm emptying the dishes out.
I forget a lot of times that it is still open and I get up and WHACK! I am left with a miserable
headache and a huge lump that actually makes my hair bump out a little bit LOL!

I'm sure it's not as bad as yours and it's good your keeping and eye on it. I hope you feel good
in the coming days, keep us posted!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

now that's a headache, not a migraine Empty head bump

Post  crt Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Mine doesn't seem bad and perhaps that's the problem. I tend to trivialize my health issues while advising others to take care. In the past I thought I was a good judge of how ill or injured I am. But after the appendix fiasco I am not so sure. I haven't had such a great track record when it comes to myself. I am rational and objective when it comes to others, even in an emergency, but no so much with myself.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:52 pm

It's okay Chris, I swear my eyeball could be falling out and I'd tell my husband I'd rather go
to the doctor tomorrow than the ER. Smile

I sat through almost an entire kidney stone at home when I was a young teenager. I got to the
hospital and it was almost completely passed already. Eh well, I know better for next time right?
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down