migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second try

+2
Paradox
milo
6 posters

Go down

Second try Empty Second try

Post  milo Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:06 pm

I thought I'd give this a second try. It'll take me quite a while to catch up, because I've read very little on here since I left. I'm hoping some of the old regulars are still around. Smile
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Second try Empty Re: Second try

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Hey Milo!

Welcome back, missed you.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks Charlotte. Feels like I've been gone forever.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Milo

Hope life is good. I haven't been here much either lately. Life is very busy and I am trying really hard to ignore the fact that I want to curl up in bed and never come out again. We have managed a holiday for two weeks in Japan over Christmas, which I quite enjoyed but my husband found a bit boring. He was pretty well of the opinion that once you've seen a dozen temples the next dozen look pretty much the same - which was true but I still found them very peaceful which suited my state of being.

The snow was awesome. We hit town and the weather dropped ten degrees giving some huge dumps in the mountains, so we played a lot in 2 odd metres of snow. (Remember we're Ozzies so snow isn't something we see that much of.)

Hope your health has picked up.

Marion
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Well Marion, my Christmas brought two Ozzies in to my life. Three really, but I'll talk about just two. My nephew was the first Canadian to be adopted by an Aussie in an open adoption. I went East at Christmas to meet up with him and catch up with all his life has been since another family adopted him when he was a few days old. He is now 21 and here in Canada checking out his biological family and where he came from.

While visiting him, his high school friend flew in from Aus for Christmas break and so I got to spend a whole lot of time with them. Enough time that I picked up more then a few of their slang words.

We got to explore "heaps of snow" with them and it was while I was skiing with them that I blew out my knee. Go figure, the two Aussies new to snow faired well and the life-long Canadian got rescued of the mountain by ski patrol.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Delighted to see you here back, Milo cheers

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Milo! I am SO glad you are back! We missed you around here. I am so sorry about your knee.

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks all! My knee is very bad, I've blown all the ligaments, some partially and most all the way. I've also got a tear in the cart as well. I'm sitting on the waitlist for surgery, which in Canada can mean another two to three years.

The good news is that I was able to complete my first full day back at work today. They have allowed me back injured. Smile
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:32 pm

So sorry about the knee. It must be very painful. I cannot believe you could wait two to three years for surger! It could get so much worse by then.

Glad to see you back.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Yeah, the tear of the cart needs to be fixed asap or it will not be able to recover. I'm still waiting for an MRI...everything is so plugged up here that it takes forever for anything to happen.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:15 am

Could you come to the States to get it done? I guess all costs would be out of your pocket though. Some doctors who know it is coming out of your pocket give huge discounts by classifing the problem as something less expensive.

Just a thought. Just do not want it to get worse because of waiting...

all my best

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:29 pm

I wish the knee was the worst of my problems right now but it's not. I'm waiting results from a biopsy to see if I have uterine cancer. 2011 is not treating me so well as of yet.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Milo,

I wish you hadn't had to wait so long to get that biopsy. You've been posting about your lady problems for a long time.

Cyber hugs.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 am

Yes, I fear that is the state of the BC health care system. I'd say the Canadian one but I can only really speak for here in BC. Seems really wrong that anyone in this situation would end up waiting over six months to see a surgeon who already has their file open. Crazy really.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum