migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chest pain + migraine = ambulance ride for me

+7
lesherb
Paradox
Ruth
ajr
lissy
30yrsofheadache
Greeneyes
11 posters

Go down

Chest pain + migraine = ambulance ride for me Empty Chest pain + migraine = ambulance ride for me

Post  Greeneyes Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:23 am

I went to the Dr. today to talk about the chest pain and migraine..So I had an EKG..then my doctor said..I'm getting you an ambulance..so they gave me an aspirin..some oxygen and then the paramedics arrived..Not fun..
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Chest pain + migraine = ambulance ride for me Empty Re: Chest pain + migraine = ambulance ride for me

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:12 am

Wendy, I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope it was a false alarm and you are back safely at home. If not, I hope they can quickly figure out what is going on and fix it!
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Chest pain + migraine = ambulance ride for me Empty Re: Chest pain + migraine = ambulance ride for me

Post  lissy Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:04 am

I'm so sorry. Hope your ok.
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:12 am

Oh my goodness! I hope things are okay now. Thinking of you, Wendy.
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:15 am

How are you doing Wendy?

Ruth

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:26 am

Holy smokes, Wendy! Did you have a "not again" feeling, or a "what in heck?" feeling?

Thoughts and hugs are with you.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:39 am

holy cow wendy, post when you can!

take care,
marc

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Oh my gosh, Wendy. I sure hope this wasn't serious but if it was, I am so glad your doctor acted quickly. Hope you post soon.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:09 pm

praying for you wendy.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Gosh Wendy! very worried about you! let us know how are you doing whenever you can, please.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Thank you guys for your kind words and prayers.

My internist called to check on me today..she wasn't happy with how I was treated by the ER doctor...I go in for a stress test again..I did this back in March 2009..when I had chest pain before...at that time I was diagnosed with costcochronditis( chest wall pain)..tomorrow afternoon.

Since my family has heart disease she is a little concerned..She said my symptoms sound like angina..the other possibility is the fibromyalgia and costcochronditis...but, they believe I didn't have a life threatening situation or a heart attack..

ER doctor didn't treat the migraine because I need to see my primary physician for that...So I had to go to the pharmacy to get the dilaudid, but our Kaiser pharmacy closes at 7:00 PM..and it's a triplicate..so of course it wasn't at the same Kaiser..so they called the rude ER doctor..then I waited quite a while for them to walk over the triplicate..I was given one pill...The ER doctor could have given me that in the ER..grr.

Hope this makes sense..migraine is still awful as well as the chest pain.

Thanks Again for all the love and support I love you .
Hope you guys are all well.

Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  cupatea Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm

I am SO sorry to hear this, Wendy.
I'm thinking of you often.
Please, take care...
gentle hugs,
T
cupatea
cupatea

Back to top Go down

Post  lissy Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:54 am

Praying for you Wendy.
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Wendy,

How frightening for you. I also have costcochronditis and it sure feels like a heart attack. When I was diagnoised I was so glad it was not a heart attack that I refused the pain meds. My doctor says if you press in inbetween your ribs and it hurts it is the swelling of the something. Sorry I do not know what. But he said that is how you know the difference. You get it from stretching your arms out and therefour pulling the costcochronda? I got mine from cleaning up the leaves under my bushes in the front yard Memorial Day weekend. I was stretching to get all the leaves. Have you stretched your arms that you can remember latley?

I am also appalled at the ER doctor. I just do not understand how all of us, as migraine patients, get treated like dirt. Migraines are some of the worst pain I can remember yet they will give you pain meds for just about anything else.

I pray you find some answers to your pain both in your head and chest. Keep us informed.

Thinking of you Wendy.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Your thoughtfulness and prayers have been such a blessing to me..thank you all for your frienship..you are my family. Love and care about all of you here..

Chest is hurting..not looking forward to the treadmill did this two years ago in March..Pain is so much worse if I exert (sp? you know what I mean..this doesn't look right)...walking 3 flights of stairs was not a good idea when I had my appointment the other day..Ouch.

Love and thanks to you all.

I love you Blessings,
greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:45 pm

I hope you get a chuckle out of this. I was "sounding out" the word costcochronditis as I had never seen it before. Did you see how CostCo is in there? If it's from stretching too much, perhaps they got the term from a bargain shopper who was stretching to reach an industrial sized jar of mayonnaise at CostCo? LOL (for our non-USA friends, CostCo is a warehouse store where you can purchase economy sized products).

That ER doctor is a nincompoop. I suppose they see all sorts of people who are trying to game the system. It's just so unfair to those of us who are in true need of pain treatment.

Hope all your tests go well and you're feeling better.

£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Heehee, Leslie. I might have spelled that incorrectly..my head has been awful..You made me laugh outloud..thank you I love you
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down