migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold with no migraine

4 posters

Go down

Cold with no migraine Empty Cold with no migraine

Post  Mini Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:51 pm

I am puzzled and pleasantly surprised because in the last three days I have been having a really bad cold, with blocked sinus, nasty deep caugh, and sore windpipe.
I don't think this is flu, since I had a winter/swine flu jab few weeks ago, and I do not have usual achy limbs, it is however really bad cold.

What puzzles me is that with all this, my head has not been too bad: level 2, maximum level 3 background pain, easily sorted with OTC painkiller.
I have beed waiting for a major migraine to make an appearance, as usual with any cold, but so far, so good.

I worry that it might still come, when I am beginning to feel better, and that when it does, it will be really bad.

Is it possible to have a bad cold and no migraine? Has anyone expernced that?

I must say this is something new for me. I love it of course, but I still am puzzled (like waiting for that other shoe to drop...).
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Cold with no migraine Empty Re: Cold with no migraine

Post  WitsEnd Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Mini,

I ALWAYS used to get migraine with a cold. No doubt about it. Until this one time, I didn't. I puzzled over it before I figured it out. Normally when I had a cold I was forever popping cold remedy medicines, tablets and throat sweets but that time I couldn't be bothered going to the shop to get all that stuff so I just muddled through without it all. Low and behold, no migraine.

For me, it was all the cold aids that were CAUSING my migraine.

Needless to say, I don't bother with at all now lol!

Could this be the same thing for you?
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:07 pm

This is very interesting, I am sure that many medicines have side effects of which we are not aware. I think I used something like Vicks nose spray, but I forgot what else. Oh, yes, and cough syrup Benylin, I think. But not much else.

Anyway, it was great - any cold, anything is easier to bear without migraine, so I was not as miserable as I could be - feeling lucky in fact, I did not mind getting cold so much.
Hope your head is all right today WE.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  lissy Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:56 pm

interesting....whenever I get a cold, I never get a migraine and my neck pain generally eases. Sometimes I wish I'd get a cold just for a break! I wonder whether it is something we take when we have a cold or if the body can only cope with so much so it focus on the cold and "forgets" about everything else.
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Maybe your migraine are sinus related and with the cold and your nose running freely you "unblock" a bit - even if you feel more blocked up, if you know what I mean.

marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down