migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

migraine triggered by magnifying mirror

3 posters

Go down

migraine triggered by magnifying mirror Empty migraine triggered by magnifying mirror

Post  mattie Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am

This is the weirdest migraine trigger I have experienced in 25 yrs. I bought a new lighted makeup mirror 8X. As I looked in the magnified mirror my eyes felt like they crossed, my vision distorted & in 15 min I started taking a migraine.

I researched & read reviews for a month before I purchased it trying to get a decent mirror in the normal price range.

I made sure no flourescent lights.

Has anyone had this experience? I have not had this experience with my old mirror. Thanks.

mattie

Back to top Go down

migraine triggered by magnifying mirror Empty Re: migraine triggered by magnifying mirror

Post  WitsEnd Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:39 am

Hi,

I've not experienced it with a magnifying mirror but I have a few times had a migraine come on when I've been cleaning my mirrored wardrobes. It's a puzzler for sure. I don't even clean my mirrors with chemicals, only dampened cloth.

It's always puzzled me so I let my other half do it now!

Aren't we a strange bunch Wink lol
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

migraine triggered by magnifying mirror Empty Re: migraine triggered by magnifying mirror

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm

I have had a 10x lighted mirror for a while and have never had a problem. It sounds like you got some eye strain however as you over adjusted and got cross-eyed. They are definitely at a different focal length than typical.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks for your replies. Would you mind telling me what brand mirror you have if we're allowed to share this info? I have very poor eyesight & need a good lighted mirror. Thanks again!

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm

The one I have is by Conair. I think it was about $50 at Bed Bath and Beyond.
It had a regular mirror on one side and the 10x on the other. With my old eyes it really helps.

I have also had a cheap one that costs about $10 from the drug store. It is not lit and is much smaller, but it works fine too. It has suction cups on one side so you can stick it on a regular mirror. But you have to get up close to see anything.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down