migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does throwing up make it go away quicker for you?

+5
CluelessKitty
tecky
pen
Brenda
milobenji
9 posters

Go down

Does throwing up make it go away quicker for you? Empty Does throwing up make it go away quicker for you?

Post  milobenji Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:26 am

I had a hum dinger yesterday, couldnt move, about hour 11 i was sick, and it hurt so badly straight afterwards, but 3 hours later it was gone, and mine usually last for 20-30 hours. Does anybody else have stomach upsets whilst they are migraining? Does throwing up make them go away faster. Ifeel so bad about having this disease.
milobenji
milobenji

Back to top Go down

Does throwing up make it go away quicker for you? Empty Re: Does throwing up make it go away quicker for you?

Post  Brenda Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:10 pm

I frequently get nausea with mine. It's not unusual for me to throw up, but it always makes mine worse instead of better. I've heard a lot of people who are like you though, and find their pain goes away faster afterward.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Does throwing up make it go away quicker for you? Empty Re: Does throwing up make it go away quicker for you?

Post  pen Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:41 pm

I have never thrown up, dont even get nausea with everyone. Frequently get upset stomach with multiple painful toilet trips, but this just gives me too horrible problems and doesn't shorten it at all.
p

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 pm

I rarely throw up any more, I think because I have treatments that that work at least a little to lessen the pain a notch or two. I still frequently get nauseated (almost daily).

My son, who also gets migraines, usually vomits, sleeps for awhile and is then all better.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:55 pm

For me its in the middle, and it means a culmination of pain. After that it's downhill.
In childhood however it meant the end of the episode, though.

I guess it evolves, as part of M.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Does throwing up make it go away quicker for you? Empty throwing up make it quicker

Post  rileyoday Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:17 pm

I can get relief from M with vomit.but i only vomit once every other month.... when I was 10-12 years and would vomit and feel lots better.

they went away and came back 30 years later. been 6 years now

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:41 am

I don't know if it helps the migraine after vomiting, but once the nausea is gone (I take medication for it), I do feel better even tough I still have the migraine. Having the nausea and the head pain---just can't get much worse.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:45 am

Up until I was about 19 throwing up always ended a migraine for me, at least for a while. Nowadays once I start vomitting I am on a nasty spiral of even more vomitting. "Once I pop I can't stop!" If anything the strain of it all makes the pain worse. VERY occaisionally it will reduce the pain, for no discernable reason.

Now I'm pregnant and have had a LOT of 'morning' sickness and my migraines have become more painful. More often than before vomitting helps the pain a bit, but I'm not sure it will last.

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:47 am

It used to, but not anymore. Which sucks. I would love to get rid of the *&)! things by vomiting, but nooooo, now I just crave carbs and get IBS attacks with migraines.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down