migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freaky Aura

5 posters

Go down

Freaky Aura Empty Freaky Aura

Post  AZgirl Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:14 am

Friday Night/Saturday Morning I had a scary-freaky aura involving my throat going numb. Normally my auras effect my eye, lips, and tongue. This woke me from sleep and made me think about going to the ER. I was worried my throat was closing up, but eventuallly drifted off to sleep and obviously didn't die, so it must've just been the wacky neurological tricks on the mind. It sure was scary, though. Stranger than normal.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Freaky Aura Empty Re: Freaky Aura

Post  tecky Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:18 am

That would be scary! Hope it doesn't ever happen again, Lynelle.

Becky

Last edited by tecky on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:56 am

I also have focal numbness on my left lower lip, left side of my tongue and sometimes down my throat........I agree it is a scary feeling but it is not a trick............our brains are just not playing fair when it throws us such odd migraine symptoms!
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Yikes! that sounds scary. I wonder if it were the trigeminal connecting nerves getting numb like in hemiplegic M?

I also wonder if we may be sleeping thru quite a lot of scary stuff, eh, and not know it ?

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  lizholmesod Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:09 am

I was thinking exactly that this morning! Woke up feeling like cr*pola but as I usually have a crippling aura pre-migraine I decided it was probably just me feeling cr*pola - but now I wonder if I slept through the aura and am just about to get some pain!

I know I've dreamed the start of my aura before - it's always quite peaceful when it starts in my dreams, but I've always woken up when it gets really freaky (the pins/needles/cramps/nausea), maybe sometimes I sleep straight through the prodrome and just wake up with the pain...

lizholmesod

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:11 am

That aura was the start of a mean migraine. I have been knocked off my feet. Just here to complain, and now back to bed.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down