migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different strokes. United we stand.

Go down

Different strokes. United we stand. Empty Different strokes. United we stand.

Post  pen Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:28 am

Ok I havent been on this forum for as long as many....5 years or so I think...
AND I try not to court controversy. I do not wish to now.

It seems to me, we spend a lot of time arguing and debating different health care systems.
It is a bit pointless unless we are thinking of relocating. We are stronger together surely?
Whereas exchanges of opinion are good. I can see no merit in criticising other peoples drugs or systems within their own countries.
As Winston Churchill apparently noted, as he had an American mother..."we could learn a lot from each other"....ok that was politically, but maybe it still applies".

I dont know much about the American health care proposals. They dont affect me.
AND I dont live there, so I think I will leave that to the people whom they effect to debate if they so wish.
I dont think it is really any of my business....Embarassed

I live in England and regardless of what I might want, and not being able to afford private health care,
AND more importantly not wanting to pay twice....(go figure!!) I get what they will give me.
I have survived so far without heavier drugs and MOH. Long may it continue. I pray the Triptans continue to work.
Of course I would like to get out of pain....I am trying to get some control by going to this clinic.
Time will tell, it doesnt start until January...That is one thing about England NHS it is SLOW.
It has taken me 11 months just to get an assessment....It will be 13 before I get anywhere.
BUT, that is how it is, and we in this country must bear that, people in other countries don't have to....
And no we dont get the stronger and the choice of drugs America gets, and we never will, but it is how it is and we seem to manage without them......we dont need pitying...really. affraid

I think that being on this forum unites us very well. We get along pretty well, dont we??
But it is a shame we often go off on tangents of a critical nature.
Why? Because none of us can fix these inconsistencies.
What is the point in arguing about who has the best health care system, or the best drugs.
Wherever you chose to live...."It is what it is". We are not in control of it.
Dont we have enough problems with our migraines and other health encumbrances....

I would love to see more exchange of ideas. Without prejudice.
I cant help but notice that MOH is a sensitive subject.
BUT it is also a personal one. We have to deal with it both in perception and reality.
Some of us have had it, others would seem to be "abusing" our drugs and yet do not.
But it seems to have become something of a conflict of views between the Americas and UK.

We do seem to hear a lot about it over here, but probably not as much as this forum portrays.
It has somewhat polarized it.
I have yet to be challenged on this by any doctor...and I have seen a few... Smile
I dont think the arguments on this on a nation to nation basis do us credit.
We should pull together. Accentuate the similarities, try to glean the best from both sides of the pond....
From around the world, and do the best we can for ourselves and each other....
With the limited energy we have, how do we find the time to argue political issues?????????

I dont mean to sound preachy....sorry. But......
In short, let's not get personal guys. Lets not be critical of other countries.
Can we not air our views and enter into healthy debate without getting "personal".
And personal does include slagging off other countries....
I love America. There I said it. I would live there if I could.
My closest friends are there. I am English, I am stuck here, so I deal with it. The good and the bad.
But dont we all do that, regardless of where we live.??

We have lost some good people from here lately.
Things got personal. I saw today two people I consider my friends on here falling out....
I dont believe things would get to this if we met face to face.
It is easy to slip in cyber bullying. Not good....
I am not meaning to sound sanctimonious, but I try to consider when I post,
Whether I would be saying the same things face to face.... Question

So now my neck is killing me, I am going, and I have not read this back, so apologies.
And pain sometimes speaks for us I think. So before I really buy my foot in it.....
Just wanted to say, trite though it sounds.
We have a big enough battle, can we not fight each other guys.....not on a nation to nation basis...

sunny

pen

Back to top Go down

Different strokes. United we stand. Empty Re: Different strokes. United we stand.

Post  pen Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:31 am

BTW, not expecting anyone to comment on this.
Just in reflective mood and felt like posting... Wink

pen

Back to top Go down